Types of Appointments and Processes
- Acting Chairs/Directors
- Adjunct Professors and Associate Members
- Associates and Coordinators in Education
- Other Academic Administrative Appointments
- Overload Teaching Contracts
- Post Retirement Appointments
- Term Research and Teaching Faculty
- Term Librarian/Archivist Faculty - under construction
- Term Practitioner Faculty - under construction
- University Research Associates
- Visiting Faculty
Referee/Reference Letters - Authentication for Appointments and Renewal Tenure and Promotion (RTP) Process
- Original signed Reference or Referee letters are preferred, but not necessary to proceed with the appointments of faculty at SFU and for RTP review.
- The obligation to determine the authenticity of the referee/reference and their signature is now the responsibility of the Dean, and/or Chair/Director.
- If the Dean and/or Chair/Director are satisfied that the referee/reference letter is from the "referee"/"reference", even if the signature is electronic, then the letter will be acceptable to us for RTP reviews, Chair and Professor appointments and renewals, and appointments to university positions.
- The exception will be for Canada Research Chairs and LEEF appointments and renewals, where original, signed letters will still be required.