Computing Science Instructional Lab (CSIL)
For the Spring 2023 semester:
CSIL is open from January 4th to the last day of classes on April 11. Expected renovations to ASB Starting in early April may require all or part of CSIL to be closed as of April 12th. Watch here for updates.
Please note: there are normally no lab sessions in CSIL for the first week of semester, check with your instructor.
This documentation is for the Computing Science Instructional Lab (CSIL) in Surrey and Burnaby. If you are looking for the SFU IT Services Computer Labs go here.
We have a lot of information on these pages. If you are new to CSIL, please read the Getting Started, General FAQ and Policies pages linked below. If you are here trying to fix a problem you are having in CSIL, try the site specific search in top right with keywords related to the problem.
Start with reading the following:
- Directions to the CSIL in Burnaby and Surrey
- Getting Started for CMPT Undergrads
- General FAQ
- CSIL Policies
- Latest Features of CSIL
- Lab Schedule for CSIL@Burnaby (for lab locations at other campuses, please check: goSFU)
- Course Home Page Index, TA Booking and Office Hours, and other Student Resources.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and Facts
- GIT - Version Control System
- Network Lab FAQ
- Software List and Documentation - Linux | Windows
- Get software for home use FAQ
- The Hardware in CSIL
- CSIL Workstation Map - Burnaby Campus | Surrey Campus
- CSIL Rooms Layouts - Burnaby Campus | Surrey Campus
Assignment Submission, Gradebook, Software downloads
Forms and Policies
Last updated @2023.01.16