Computing Science Instructional Labs (CSIL)
Information on working remotely
In light of the advisories on avoiding COVID-19 exposure, working remotely has become desirable for those that can. We have created a page describing CS remote work.
SFU ITServices has published a site on the topic as well: https://www.sfu.ca/itservices/remote-study-work-resources.html
The CS page is here: covid-19-response-working-remotely. Access is restricted to CS users and your SFU login is required. If your access does not work and you are an SFU CS user, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org from your SFU email and descrinbe the issue.
**Please note that CSIL workstations are subject to rebooting nightly at 3 am**
We have a lot of information on these pages. If you are new to CSIL, please read the Getting Started, General FAQ and Policies pages linked below. If you are here trying to fix a problem you are having in CSIL, try the site specific search in top right with keywords related to the problem.
For 1201, the Spring 2020 semester:
- CSIL Burnaby is open 24/7 from January 6th to April 25th, 2020.
- CSIL Surrey in the new SRYE building is open 8am-8pm Monday-Friday (excluding statutory holidays) until April 25th, 2020. We hope to be able to provide 24/7 access in Surrey again soon.
- There are no labs (nor lab classes like CMPT 127) the first week of classes.
Start with reading the following:
- Directions to the CSIL in Burnaby and Surrey
- Getting Started for CMPT Undergrads
- General FAQ
- CSIL Policies
- Latest Features of CSIL
- Lab Schedule for CSIL@Burnaby (for lab locations at other campuses, please check: goSFU)
- Course Home Page Index, TA Booking and Office Hours, and other Student Resources.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and Facts
Assignment Submission, Gradebook, Software downloads
Forms and Policies
Last updated @2020.03.17