Offices Supporting Faculty
Here is a categorized list of the offices and facilities that support faculty and librarians around Simon Fraser University.
Offices that Support Research
These offices provide service and support to researchers at SFU.
- SFU Library
- Archival Services for Faculty
- Information Technology Services
- Innovation Office (IO)
- SFU International
- Office of Research Services (ORS)
- VP Research Office (VPR)
Offices that Support Teaching
These offices provide service and support to faculty carrying out their roles as educators.
- SFU Library
- Community-Based Learning - Developing Courses that involve Community and Civic Engagement
- IT Services - Course Mail Lists
- SFU Bookstore - Custom Courseware
- SFU Bookstore - Ordering Course Books
- Centre for Educational Excellence
- Undergraduate Curriculum Initiative - Developing Writing, Quantitative and Breadth Courses
- Writing Intensive Learning Office (WILO)
Offices that Support Supervision of Graduate Students, Research Personnel and Teaching Assistants
These offices provide service and support to faculty carrying out their roles as graduate student supervisors, supervisors of research personnel and supervisors of teaching assistants.
- Graduate Studies
- Policies on Research Personnel Supervision
- Supervising Teaching Assistants and Tutor Markers - Teaching Support Staff Union (TSSU) Collective Agreement
Offices/Committees of Import to University Service
These offices and services are involved in the governance of the University
Other Offices that are Important to you as a Faculty Member
These offices provide support and service in a variety of other areas.
- Campus Security
- Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Office
- Human Resources Benefits Office
- Human Rights Office
- Meeting, Event and Conference Services
- Office of Student Support, Rights and Responsibilities
- Recorded Information Management
- Sexual Violence Support & Prevention Office
- SFU Childrcare Society
- SFU Tech Shop (part of Bookstore)