Computing Science Postings - Fall 2020
Sessional Employment Opportunities:
Applications Open: Wednesday, August 5, 2020
Application Deadline: Thursday, Aug 20, 2020 (noon)
TA/TM Appointment Priority Ranking:
Priority for appointment/reappointment as a Teaching Assistant is in accordance with Article XIII of the Collective Agreement with the Teaching Support Staff Union (TSSU).
Priority for appointment/reappointment as a Tutor-Marker is in accordance with Article XV of the Collective Agreement with the Teaching Support Staff Union (TSSU).
In allocating Teaching Assistant/Tutor-Maker positions, the department will also take into account the following:
- Instructor requests;
- Applicant’s preferences;
- Amount of financial support offered on admission to the graduate program;
- Suitability for particular courses (e.g. discipline of prior degree(s), publications, experience);
- Employment evaluations;
- Number of base units already received to ensure sufficient teaching-related experience in her/his field.
If an assignment within a priority group requires a selection between applicants, the graduate student without financial support from merit based scholarships or merit based fellowships during the semester of appointment with a value equal to at least a 5.17 appointment, will have priority for the appointment. For specific information please refer to the TSSU Collective Agreement.
- Please use your SFU computing ID/password to login to the application system
- Students must review and understand TA Minimum Requirements for all courses
- Students must submit a current C/V and unofficial transcript at the time of application
- Students will be asked to indicate their top 5 course preferences at time of application
- Teaching at SFU in Fall 2020 will be conducted primarily through remote methods. There will be in-person course components in a few exceptional cases. TAs will be expected to be available for the duration of their appointment and maybe requested for some in person components throughout the semester.
Inquiries: cmptappl @ sfu.ca
TA/TM Required Resources
TA/TM Minimum Requirements by course - please review requirements before submitting your application.
Computing Science TA/TM On-line Application
For CURRENT information on course and lab times, course instructors, etc., please go to: go.sfu.ca
|Course #||Course Name||TA/TM||Campus|
|CMPT 318||Special Topics: Computing Science-Cybersecurity||TA||BB|
|CMPT 409||Special Topics-Algorithms of Optimization||TA||B|
|CMPT 756||Cloud and Software Systems||TA||B|
|CMPT 815||Algorithms of Optimization||TA||B|
|Course No.||Course Name||TA/TM||Campus|
|No Courses at this time.|
The University is committed to the principle of equity in employment. (See Policy GP 19.)
The information submitted with your application is collected under the authority of the University Act (R.S.B.C. 1996, c.468, s. 27(4)(a)), applicable federal and provincial employment regulations and requirements, the University's non-academic employment policies and applicable collective agreements.
The information is related directly to and needed by the University to initiate the employment application process. The information will be used to contact references supplied by you, evaluate your qualifications and complete the employment process by making a hiring decision. Applicant information may also be disclosed to the Teaching Support Staff Union in accordance with Article XIII F.3.1.b of the Collective Agreement.
If you have any questions about the collection, use and disclosure of this information please contact the Associate VP, Human Resources, Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, BC V5A 1S6. Telephone 778-782-3237.