Job Postings for TAs, TMs, Sessional Instructors and Graduate Facilitators
These postings are updated by SFU's departments. Applicants should make sure that they can meet the departments' requirements and application deadlines. Please apply directly to the department where the job posting is located. Please check your department's job posting website as well.
For TAs and TMs:
- Positions posted: On the Monday of the tenth (10) week prior to the commencement of the term.
- Postings close: Postings shall remain open at least two (2) weeks.
- Offers by: Successful applicants shall receive written notification of the employment offer between six (6) and four (4) weeks prior to the commencement of the term.
For Sessional Instructors:
- Positions posted: At least six (6) weeks prior to the commencement of the term.
- Offers by: At least three (3) weeks prior to the commencement of the term.
For the purposes of postings and offers, the commencement of term dates are as follows:
- Spring 2022 - January 10, 2022
- Summer 2022 - May 9, 2022
- Fall 2022 - September 6, 2022
- Spring 2023 - January 3, 2023
- Summer 2023 - May 8, 2023
- Fall 2023 - September 5, 2023
- Spring 2024 - January 3, 2024
- Summer 2024 - May 6, 2024
Faculty of Applied Sciences
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
Beedie School of Business
Faculty of Communication,
Art and Technology
Faculty of Education
Faculty of Environment
Faculty of Health Sciences
Faculty of Science
Student Learning Commons
Other SFU Jobs
Website Change Monitors
There are website tools which will help you watch a website for changes. A few are listed below for your convenience. Please note: SFU has no relationship to these tools and installing them on your equipment and/or providing your contact information to online services is at your own risk.
The University is committed to the principle of equity in employment. (See Policy GP 19.)
The information submitted with your application is collected under the authority of the University Act (R.S.B.C. 1996, c.468, s. 27(4)(a)), applicable federal and provincial employment regulations and requirements, the University's non-academic employment policies and applicable collective agreements.
The information is related directly to and needed by the University to initiate the employment application process. The information will be used to contact references supplied by you, evaluate your qualifications and complete the employment process by making a hiring decision. Applicant information may also be disclosed to the Teaching Support Staff Union in accordance with Article XIII F.3.1.b of the Collective Agreement.
If you have any questions about the collection, use and disclosure of this information please contact the Associate VP, Human Resources, Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, BC V5A 1S6. Telephone 778-782-3237.