- Get help
- Announcements & alerts
- Service outages
- Security alerts
- Major initiatives
- Jovanna Sauro wins SFU Personal Achievement Award
- Improve your cellular coverage by enabling WiFi Calling
- New committee guides transformative changes at SFU
- Expanded identity options for students within SFU applications
- SFU works toward keeping devices out of landfills
- A journey to improved WiFi
- Help us, help you, connect to better WiFi
- IT Services' new support system: ServiceHub
- Information Security Essential Courses
- IT Services leadership announcement
- University Wide Password Change Initiative
- April 2021 technical issue
- Telephone System Core Infrastructure Upgrade
- Decommissioning fraser.sfu.ca
- Information security
- Anti-Spam (CASL) Compliance
- Data security standard
- Desktop Security
- Security and Privacy Guidance: Social Media Apps
- Identity Protection
- Phishing Scams
- How to stay safe online
- Security hygiene
- Tips for safe computing
- Travelling with technology
- Keeping Your Personal Information Safe During the Holidays
- Don't get caught by a phishing scam
Sponsored Computing ID
Sponsored computing ID (or sponsored account) is a type of computing account that can be requested for departments to meet a variety of business needs. There are 2 common scenario when using sponsored accounts:
- Used by one individual (or personal sponsored account): A sponsored account that is only used by a specific individual, where the password and access to the account would never be shared with or transferred to others (e.g., temporary staff or contractors).
- Shared between multiple users (or role/departmental sponsored account): A sponsored account that is used by one or more individuals, and it is possible that the password or access to the account is shared with other individuals (e.g., departmental roles, clubs/associations, and test accounts).
Note: Sponsored accounts are required to enroll in Multi-factor Authentication by March 31, 2022.
To request a Sponsored Computing ID, you will need authorization from your departmental signing authority, such as your departmental manager or departmental financial signing authority.
Delegate login for shared sponsored account
IT Services has launched a new feature called delegate login to streamline your login experience for sponsored accounts that are shared between multiple users.
This feature allows multiple users to log into same account using their own SFU credentials.