- Clean Energy Research Group
- Feminist Mobilization and Economic Empowerment
- The Governance of Migration
- Future Students
- Your POL Journey
- Course Offerings
- Learning Tracks
- Undergraduate Advising
- Honours Program
- Options en Français
- Scholarships & Awards
- Career Development
- Get Involved
- Study Abroad
- News & Events
- Department News
- A celebration of Professor Patrick Smith's retirement
- Anthony Perl: What holiday travel turbulence illuminates about Canada's broader transportation landscape
- SFU Political Science welcomes visiting scholar Antje Jantsch
- Today marks the 175th anniversary of responsible government in Canada
- Clean Energy Research Group releases new working paper or Environmental Disaster?- BC's LNG Play: Reasonable Transition Fuel or Environmental Disaster?
- Upcoming Events
- Department News
- Affiliated Programs
- NATO Field School
Looking to challenge yourself, gain a graduate degree and save time and money? Consider joining our Accelerated Master’s program!
This program is designed for current students (major/honours) who want to fast-track their MA in political science. Students in the Accelerated Master’s program must fulfill the degree requirements of both the bachelor’s and master’s program in political science. Accepted students will be eligible to enrol in a maximum of ten units of graduate coursework—either as electives or upper-division required courses at the bachelor's level—while in the undergraduate program. These units will also count toward the program requirements for the master's program.
- Successful completion of at least 90 credits of undergraduate work;
- Cumulative GPA of at least 3.67/4.33.
How to apply
Applications to the Accelerated Master’s program follow the same procedures as regular graduate admissions.
Students will be offered admission into the master’s program conditional on completing the bachelor’s degree.
- Students are ineligible for graduate scholarships or awards administered by SFU sources until the bachelor’s degree is completed.
- A minimum CGPA of 3.67 should be maintained while in the bachelor’s program and a minimum CGPA of 3.0 should be maintained while in the graduate program.
- Students must complete at least two terms of full-time registration in the graduate program.
Apply to SFU or get more info.
To take the next step toward your graduate degree in political science, apply now.