- Clean Energy Research Group
- Feminist Mobilization and Economic Empowerment
- The Governance of Migration
- Future Students
- Your POL Journey
- Course Offerings
- Learning Tracks
- Undergraduate Advising
- Honours Program
- Options en Français
- Scholarships & Awards
- Career Development
- Get Involved
- Study Abroad
- News & Events
- Department News
- A celebration of Professor Patrick Smith's retirement
- Anthony Perl: What holiday travel turbulence illuminates about Canada's broader transportation landscape
- SFU Political Science welcomes visiting scholar Antje Jantsch
- Today marks the 175th anniversary of responsible government in Canada
- Clean Energy Research Group releases new working paper or Environmental Disaster?- BC's LNG Play: Reasonable Transition Fuel or Environmental Disaster?
- Upcoming Events
- Department News
- Affiliated Programs
- NATO Field School
We are proud to offer a number of options for students wishing to study in French at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
Undergraduate Studies in French
French Cohort Program in Public & International Affairs
- Are you looking to enhance your French language skills?
- Are you interested in public policy and international relations?
- Are you looking for a reputed program that opens doors to graduate programs, law schools, and a wide range of exciting careers?
- If you answered "yes" to these questions, then the French Cohort Program (FCP) in Public and International Affairs is for you!
Graduate Studies in French
Graduate students have access to various opportunities in French:
- Directed readings courses in French
- The opportunity to work as a Research Assistant (RA) on our French-language research projects
- The opportunity to be a Teaching Assistant (TA) in French Cohort Program undergraduate courses
- The opportunity to write an MA project or thesis in French
To learn more about these opportunities, please contact one of our francophone professors directly.
Our Francophone Professors
Get Involved in French
The Association des étudiant·e·s en science politique (AÉSP) (Political Science Student Union - PSSU) offers various ways to get involved in French: bilingual or French activities, publication in French in the bilingual undergraduate journal, Gadfly, etc. Contact them to find out about all the possibilities.
More SFU in French:
To learn more about opportunities in French at SFU (events, bursaries and awards, mobility programs, and more), visit the Office of Francophone and Francophile Affairs