- Clean Energy Research Group
- Feminist Mobilization and Economic Empowerment
- The Governance of Migration
- News & Events
- Affiliated Programs
- NATO Field School
- AQ 6044
- Honours B.A., Sciences Po Bordeaux (France)
- M.A., Laval University
- Ph.D., University of Montreal
Research and Supervision Fields
Status: Accepting new graduate students
- Immigration and Integration
- Equity and Diversity in Cities
- Francophone Immigration and Francophone Minority Communities
- Qualitative Methods
- Diversity & Migration
- Public Policy & Democratic Governance
- Research Methods & Analysis
As an immigrant to Canada, I am deeply interested in how a city’s public policies impact immigration resettlement. I also work with local communities to explore how settlement issues stemming from ethnic and religious diversity shape local public policy. I came to Canada in 2000, completing an MA in political science at Laval University and a PhD at the University of Montreal. I held SSHRC postdoctoral research positions at both Sciences Po Paris and MIT before joining SFU’s Department of Political Science in 2011. I currently hold a SSHRC grant to compare refugee resettlement in Canadian and French cities, and to discover how local governance determines resettlement outcomes. I am spending the 2019-2020 academic year in France on a Collegium Fellowship (Institute for Advanced Study) to complete my research.
- 2020. The Reception of Exiles Outside Big Cities. Revue Européenne des Migrations Internationales, vol. 36 - n°2 et 3 (with Anouk Flamant, Aisling Healy and Camille Schmoll).
- 2019. Le Canada dans le monde. Acteurs, idées, gouvernance. Co-edited with R. Léger, J. Cornut, and N. Kenny. Montréal: Les Presses de l'Université de Montréal.
- 2018. Citizenship as a Regime. Canadian and International Perspectives. Co-edited with M. Paquet and N. Nagels, Montreal: McGill-Queen’s University Press.
- 2018. “Does the Scale of Funding Matter? Manitoba and British Columbia Before and After the Federal Repatriation of Settlement Services: The Case of Francophone Service Providers.” Journal of International Migration & Integration 19 (4): 865–881.
- 2015. “Bringing Cities ‘Back In’ to Canadian Political Science: Municipal Public Policy & Immigration.” Canadian Journal of Political Science 48 (2): 413-433.
- 2013. L’intégration des immigrants. Cinquante ans d’action publique locale. Montréal: Les Presses de l'Université de Montréal.
Future courses may be subject to change.