Welcome to the Application page. The experience we offer at SFU Residence goes beyond just giving you a bed to sleep in. Here you will find everything you need regarding the application process and how-to apply, the housing waitlist, Occupancy and Housing Availability, and more.
On Tuesday, September 5 - the first day of classes, the application queue will be dissolved and a brand new waitlist for the undergrad residences will be activated. Students who were unable to obtain housing prior to the start of classes but still want a room in Residence click here for more information on how to get your name on the wait list
All SFU and FIC students who are interested in applying for housing for the Spring 2018 term can now apply. IMPORTANT: If you are currently on the waitlist and wish to stay on the waitlist for a possible Fall 2017 housing offer, DO NOT submit an application for Spring 2018. At the end of September, all waitlisted students will be given the option of forwarding their application to Spring 2018 at no extra charge.
Do I have to be admitted to SFU or FIC to apply for Residence?
SFU Students: You Do NOT have to be admitted to SFU to submit an application, but we will not offer you housing until you have accepted an offer of admission. You are strongly advised to submit a residence application (with the $50 application fee) as soon as possible to ensure a high probability of getting a housing offer. Spaces are limited and are offered-first-come-first-served.
FIC Students: to complete your application you must first be admitted to FIC. We cannot process your application if you are not a newly admitted FIC student.
How the Application Process Works
SFU students who wish to apply to residence, must complete an application form (with the $50 application fee) first. We strongly suggest that you apply as soon as possible to ensure the best probability of getting a housing offer. Spaces are limited and are offered on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Go to the Housing Portal to start your application.
- If this is your first time applying, click "Register" to get your Housing ID and Pin.
- If you have applied before use your existing ID and Pin. If you forgot your Housing ID number, please contact the Residence Office.
- Click "Application" on the top-left of the Housing Portal homescreen.
- You must pay the $50 application fee (last step of the application) to submit your application.
Step 2: Housing Offer
- Unfortunately, spaces in residence are limited, so housing is not guaranteed. Completed applications are put into a queue based on their completion date.
- If your application comes to the top of the queue and we have a space for you, you will be sent a formal housing offer to your Active Email address and will be given a deadline to respond.
- Housing offers are sent out in batches with rolling deadlines so please make sure you or someone you trust is checking your email regularly.
Step 3: Confirmation
- If you receive a housing offer from us, you will need to "confirm" that you want to accept by following the instructions provided in your offer email.
- All offers have a deadline included so please make sure you provide any and all required documents before the deadline expires or your offer might be cancelled.
Step 4: Room Selection
- If you successfully confirm your housing offer before the room selection period and are eligible to choose your own room, this step will open up on your application.
- Room Selection is not available for the Spring and Summer terms.