- Housing options
- Moving in
- Contact us
- COVID-19 Information
You may pay your SFU Residence and Housing fees by any of the following methods. The payment options apply to both SFU and FIC residents.
- Log into MyPlace@SFU housing portal and choose Your Account from the top bar
- View your Account Balance showing your Residence and Housing fees (charges will show here as soon as they are posted to your account)
- Enter in your payment amounts and click Pay Now
- Choose your method of payment (credit card or debit card, Bill Payment or Flywire) and make your payment
- For credit and debit payments: wait until you have been redirected back to your housing portal to ensure payment is received
- Click Save and Continue
Note: Bill payment and Flywire payments will be received and updated on Your Account within 3 to 4 business days. Ensure that you initiate your transaction in enough time for the funds to be received prior to the deadline.
Bill payment process
- Please note that the bill payment is not open to residence application and confirmation fees which should be paid through your housing portal instead.
- IMPORTANT: “SFU-Residence and Meal Plan” payee is dedicated to residence fees, not tuition. Tuition payments should be made to the payee “Simon Fraser University” instead. If you wish to make a payment for your tuition or other non-residence fees, please visit here.
- If you are paying from outside of Canada, we ask that you pay through our many available options offered within your housing portal.
Step 1: Login to MyPlace@SFU
Click on My Account to find out your residence fee balance owing and enter the payment amount
Step 2: Set up your internet banking with one of the following banks or credit unions, and add a new bill payee on your account.
Search for the following payee name depending on your bank institution. You must have a valid SFU/FIC ID in order to use the Bill Payment option. The account number is your SFU ID (9 numeric) or FID ID (8 to 10 alphanumeric).
|Bank of Montreal (BMO)||SFU-RESIDENCE AND MEAL PLAN|
|Central 1||SFU-RESIDENCE AND MEAL PLAN|
|Canadian Imperial Bank of Canada (CIBC)||SFU-RESIDENCE AND MEAL PLAN|
|HSBC||SFU-RESIDENCE AND MEAL PLAN|
|National Bank of Canada (NBC)||SFU-RESIDENCE|
|Royal Bank of Canada (RBC)||SFU-RESIDENCE AND MEAL PLAN|
|Scotiabank||SFU-RESIDENCE AND MEAL PLAN|
|TD Canada Trust||SFU-RESIDENCE AND MEAL PLAN|
Step 3: Go to “Make a Payment” and enter the amount that you wish to pay.
Proceed with the payment and save a copy of the page for your own record. The payment may take up to 3 business days to be received by SFU Residence
Method 2: In person
Residents may pay in person with the following:
- Credit card
- Debit card
- Personal cheque
- Bank draft
Note: Cash is not accepted at the Residence and Housing Office. Residents may take their cash to a bank for a bank draft.