- Housing options
- North Towers
- East/West Towers
- Shell House
- McTaggart-Cowan Hall
- The Townhouses
- Hamilton Hall
- Charles Chang Innovation Centre
- Family Housing
- Living Learning Communities
- Off-Campus Housing
- Residence Tours
- Housing Comparison
- Moving in
- Community hub
- Maintenance and services
- Contracts and handbooks
- Important dates and announcements
- Meal Plan
- Move out
- Room switch
- Room stay
- New residence buildings
- Contact us
- Guest Accommodations
- COVID-19 Information
Summer 2023 Move - In Begins May 4, 2023
Everyone’s excited to get to campus, many are feeling all the emotions that surface when arriving, and it’s the first day of your new adventure as an SFU resident. Make sure to read the information provided carefully to ensure the day goes smoothly. We are thrilled that you will be joining our SFU Residence and Housing community.
When do I move in? move in begins on May 4, 2023
- If an appointment time is not available for you as you are arriving outside of move in times, please let us know approximately when you will be arriving by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Moving into Charles Chang Innovation Centre? When you arrive at the airport or close to arriving at the building, call the front desk at 778-782-4201. Our front desk staff will either connect with our on-site community advisors or Harbour Center Security to meet you at the building.
How do I get to SFU Residence and Housing?
Find out how to get to the SFU Burnaby and Vancouver Campus via public transportation or driving routes.
Follow the signs posted in or near the Residence Main Parking Lot as well as the West Mall Visitors Parkade.
Where do I check in, park and unload?
Directions: Please visit our Direction page
Check In: Residence and Housing Main office
Parking: West Mall Visitors Parkade
Please note: No parking allowed on campus roadways, only in identified parking lots with the appropriate permission or decal.
Unloading: Residents in many of our buildings will find it most convenient to remain parked in the West Mall Parkade and borrow one of our moving carts to unload and move their belongings to their building/room.
Townhouse Residents may temporarily stop along the roadway near their townhouse as long as they are actively unloading their vehicle. Move the vehicle to the nearest authorized parking lot as soon as unloading is complete to avoid a ticket.
What if I miss the check-in deadline?
If you don't move in by the end of the first day of the SFU term, we will assume you are not arriving and your room will be offered to the next person on the wait list. Your room will be cancelled and all cancellation fees will apply. If you wish to arrive after move in day, please email email@example.com to arrange your late arrival.