- Records Management
- About FIPPA
- Privacy Management Program
- Access to Information (FOI)
- Breaches & Complaints
- Changes & Corrections
- Information Disclosure
- Privacy Impact Assessments
- Links and Resources
- Digital preservation
- Staff resources
- Faculty resources
- Researcher resources
- Donor resources
- Mission, vision and values
- Contact us
- Feedback and comments
- Our blog
- Archival Film Flashes Back to 70s Student Life
- Manuscript Traces SFU's Architectural History
- Early University News Publications Now Digitally Available
- Digitized Programs Commemorate SFU’s Opening & Installation Ceremonies
- Archives Celebrates Fall Convocation with Release of Digitized Programs
- Films Capture Visual History and Sentiment of Time Gone By
- Lost and Found: Simon Fraser Letters
- Oral History Provides Glimpse into Mind of SFU’s First Chancellor Gordon Shrum
- Early SFU Photos Tell a Story That Frames Our World
- Aerial Photos Capture Campus Landscape & Photographer’s Legacy
- You have what...?!! and other interesting things you didn't know about the SFU Archives
- Charting the course of history: documenting SFU's early days from the student perspective (Part 1)
- Charting the course of history: documenting SFU's early days from the student perspective (Part 2)
- Helping others find their history in the future: Preserving the records of the Students of Caribbean and African Ancestry at SFU
- Preserving the sparks of global revolution in the Adbusters Media Foundation fonds
- Reflections of a co-op student
- Debunking popular myths and conspiracies with the Barry Beyerstein fonds
- In "The Beginning...": First student film returns to SFU
- "Got any pictures of Terry Fox?"
- My summer in the archives: a co-op placement retrospective
- Seeing the world through Arthur Erickson's eyes
- Beer (records) in the Archives!
- Quartet in the Quadrangle: PSQ Records Come to SFU
- Navigating silences and filling gaps: finding Black stories in the Archives
- Boxes, boxes, and more boxes: my summer co-op at SFU Archives
BC Beer History Archive
Learn about the history of beer and brewing in British Columbia – from the first breweries in Victoria in the late 1850s to today's flourishing craft beer scene. SFU Archives started acquiring records in this area in 2021, and our holdings now include the records of breweries and industry-related associations and organizations, as well as the personal archives of brewery entrepreneurs, beer historians, writers and collectors. Dave Smith, editor of What's Brewing Magazine, suggested we call it the BC Beer History Archive and so the name was born. Check here for regular updates and information about new acquisitions.
Have materials to donate? See the Donate page for more information about donating your records to SFU Archives.
Fernie Brewing Co. label, between 1934-1956. SFU Archives, Greg Evans fonds, file F-316-5-0-0-32
First Victoria Microbrewery Festival, 1993. SFU Archives, John Rowling fonds, file F-318-2-5-0-2.
Letter, Vancouver Breweries, June 12, 1922. SFU Archives, Greg Evans fonds, file F-316-3-10-52
Cheque issued by Canadian Hop Growers of Chilliwack BC, 1931. SFU Archives, Greg Evans fonds, file F-316-3-1-052.
Mitch Taylor, Granville Island Brewing founder, at the GI retail store, 1984. SFU Archives, Mitch Taylor fonds, file F-329-4-4-0-1-16
October 2023 – Run of posters for the Great Canadian Beer Festival (1993-2018) digitized, available from the John Rowling fonds, series F-318-2-3.
June 2023 – Finding aid to the John Rowling fonds (F-318) published.
Last updated: October 20, 2023