- News & Events
- Student Life
- DELF-DALF Exams
- Programs in French
- Undergraduate Studies
- Graduate Studies
- Teacher Education
- For Inservice Teachers
J’enseigne en français : FrancoFUN Week
Cultures and Identities in the French Classroom
The FrancoFUN Week (formerly FrancoFUN Summer Bootcamp) is back this summer! The Office of Francophone and Francophile Affairs (OFFA) at Simon Fraser University is pleased to invite you to one of these weeks of activities and training for teachers in French!
Do you teach core French or French immersion? Under this year's theme: "Cultures and Identities in the French Classroom", you are invited to learn and share your experiences in a unique experiential learning context!
Come and discover Francophonie outside your school on sunny Burnaby Mountain. There will be cultural activities every day and, to celebrate the end of this rich week of learning, we will have dinner in downtown Vancouver at a francophone restaurant. Register early for the opportunity to participate in this week of French professional development that combines pedagogy, language, art and the outdoors!
Each day will consist of educational and cultural activities organized around the theme of cultures and identities in the French classroom.
Learning Objectives :
- Explore and innovate French teaching: develop pedagogical practices with an action-oriented approach
- Explore the notion of identity of both teacher and learners
- Develop language and intercultural skills
- Develop a professional learning community with other members of the "J'enseigne en français" network
Consult the tabs to know:
- the detailed schedule for week #1 (Immersion)
- the detailed schedule for week #2 (Core French)
- the registration details
- and learn more about the facilitators and guests who will share their passion for teaching in French!
We look forward to seeing you in July!