- CERi Programs
- Ethics of CER
- CER Network
- Jessie Williams joins CERi Advisory Board
- Recap: Remaking the Table Series Launch
- Recap: Recognizing and Negotiating Community/Researcher Relations
- CERi Fellow's research unmasks the impact of COVID-19 on families of children with autism
- CERi Special Research Associate Kari Grain Speaks with Am Johal for Below the Radar
- Lyana Patrick on Decolonial Planning and Community Health for Below the Radar
- Tips for Virtual Exchange and Engaging Partners Online
- Meet Jackie Wong, Community Strategic Initiatives Associate
- Announcing Lyana Patrick as CERi Researcher-in-Residence
- Faranak Farzan on Neuroengineering and Brain Plasticity for Below the Radar
- Why Money Matters in CER
- Unlock Your Research Impact: Upcoming Lunch and Learn Series
- Introducing CERi's Fall 2020 Faculty-Student Research Projects
- Uplifting Black Youth: Jackie Obungah on Her Podcast Series with Below the Radar
- MindMap: BC's LGBTQ2-affirming Mental Health Service Finder Tool
- Meet Our Fall 2020 Graduate Fellows
- 'We are Community': CERi Partners with the BC Poverty Reduction Coalition
- 3 Questions with Researcher-in-Residence Dr. Enda Brophy
- 3 Questions with Researcher-in-Residence Dr. Angela Kaida
- Recap: Distanced Community-Based Research Panel
- 3 Questions with Researcher-in-Residence Dr. Nick Blomley
- CERi Welcomes Three Researchers-in-Residence
- Research in the Service of Community
- Meet CERi’s first Graduate Fellows
- CERi Partners with Karen Jamieson Dance
- Below The Radar: Social Transformation — with Tara Mahoney
- Below The Radar: Community-Engaged Research — with Stuart Poyntz & Joanna Habdank
- Recap: CERi 312 Launch
- Upcoming Events
Unlock Your Research Impact: Upcoming Lunch and Learn Series
Starting September 30, SFU Library Research Commons is launching a lunch and learn webinar series centred on knowledge mobilization (KM).
The inaugural session will feature CERi co-directors Stuart Poyntz and Am Johal alongside Tara Mahoney, CERi Research and Engagement Coordinator, and Kari Grain, CERi Special Research Associate. This workshop explores how to build effective research partnerships with non-academic communities.
This monthly workshop series aims to introduce researchers to a range of strategies for engaging, collaborating and sharing research with community. Each session also spotlights the talent and expertise of SFU knowledge mobilizers.
“We are launching the series with a session on partnership building because partnerships should be started early, if not at the beginning, of the research and KM process and because partnerships are such an excellent and important part of knowledge mobilization,” says Lupin Battersby, SFU’s Knowledge Mobilization Officer.
“We invited CERi to present at this session because CERi is all about partnering and building authentic relationships and thus the directors and staff have a wealth of wisdom to share,” explains Battersby.
Future workshops include presentations by Alice Fleerackers, a researcher at the ScholCommLab, Hannah McGregor, SFU Publishing Assistant Professor, and Zafar Adeel, Professor of Professional Practice at SFU’s School of Resources and Environmental Management.