- CERi Programs
- Ethics of CER
- CER Network
- Partnering with neighbourhood houses to recognize inequities in South Vancouver neighbourhoods
- Finding hope and healing through CER
- Tammara Soma on Reimagining Food Systems in Communities for Below the Radar
- Namiko Kunimoto on Exploring Japanese Culture and History Through Visual Art for Below the Radar
- Joseph Mwesigwa Ssendikaddiwa on the experience of being a CERi graduate fellow
- Recap: Cultural Sensitivity and Community-Engaged Research
- Understanding the sexual and reproductive health access of young im/migrant women: A community engagement project
- Gardening Initiative Helps to Address Food Insecurity
- Innovative Research That's Advancing Equity
- Symposium Panel Spotlight on Research as Advocacy: Collaborative Inquiry Meets Material Practice
- Symposium Panel Spotlight on Art-ful Engagement in Small Cities: Beyond the Project
- Symposium Panel Spotlight on Land as Life: Ongoing Institutional Resistance and Survivance in Pandemic Times
- Heather De Forest on the Collective Power of Academic Libraries for Below the Radar
- Recap: Approaching Community-Engaged Research Through a Trauma Informed Lens
- Empowering youth in Surrey through leadership
- Introducing Namiko Kunimoto, CERi Researcher-in-Residence
- LGBTQ2 Communities and SFU Students Come Together to Improve Access to Mental Health Services
- Introducing Tammara Soma, CERi Researcher-in-Residence
- Angela Kaida on Engaging Community in HIV Research for Below the Radar
- Introducing Justine Chambers, CERi Artist-in-Residence
- Jessie Williams joins CERi Advisory Board
- Upcoming Events
Innovative Research That's Advancing Equity
After a year’s hiatus due to the pandemic, Innovations in Research returns to spotlight SFU researchers and community partners who are advancing equity from across disciplines.
Innovations in Research is a keystone event in SFU Public Square’s annual Community Summit. For nearly a decade, the organization has held a multi-day deep dive into a singular issue of local and international public concern. This year’s Summit, Towards Equity, addresses the inequities amplified and deficiencies exposed under the pandemic, and will take place online throughout 2021.
“Innovations in Research is an opportunity to invite the public to engage with research that is making a difference from SFU faculty, students, staff, alumni and in partnership with community,” says Janet Webber, Executive Director of SFU Public Square.
Innovations in Research is an opportunity to invite the public to engage with research that is making a difference from SFU faculty, students, staff, alumni and in partnership with community.
In all, 27 unique research projects will be featured at the Innovations in Research event on April 13. Held on Gather, an innovative virtual space, attendees will be able to create their own avatar and spend time with researchers and community partners and have fluid conversations just like you would in real life. (not quite like real life, more like a video game?)
Thirteen presenters will take a virtual stage to speak for five minutes before a Q&A panel moderated by Dugan O’Neal, VP Research and International. Audience members will also be able to visit virtual booths where both the presenters and other SFU researchers will showcase their work.
“This year, we’re excited to build showcase pages for each research project on our website as a way to raise the profile of the work and provide something for people to learn from before and after the event itself,” says Doug Hamilton-Evans, communications manager at SFU Public Square. “Each page will feature project descriptions, video, images, researcher bios and more”.