- Preparing for graduate studies
- Get Involved
- Drop-in workshops
- Mini course
- Awards & funding
- Herbert G. Grubel Award
- James Dean Award
- Lang Wong Memorial Endowment Scholarship
- Meiyu Li Memorial Scholarship in Economics
- Peter Kennedy Memorial Graduate Entrance Scholarship in Economics
- Peter Kennedy Memorial Graduate Fellowship
- Richard G. Lipsey Award
- Terry Heaps Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award
- Shiva and Elizabeth Nanda Graduate Fellowship in Economics
- Shiva and Elizabeth Nanda Graduate Scholarship in Economics
- Job market candidates
- Graduate student profiles
- Student publications
- Department Login
SFU economics ranks #3 in Canada in latest research ranking
In the recently published Tilburg University Top 100 Worldwide Economics Schools Research Ranking, Simon Fraser University (SFU)'s Department of Economics holds strong on its position as one of the top three economics departments in Canada.
The Department's robust research productivity and contributions to some of the world's most prestigious academic journals consistently places it among the top economics schools in Canada and worldwide.
SFU Department of Economics ranks third in Canada, placing it in the company of the University of Toronto and the University of British Columbia. In the world university rankings, the Department ranks among the top 100 list coming in at 90th place.
Developed by Tilburg University's CentER for Research in Economics and Business, the ranking list assesses economics schools based on research contributions over a five-year period (2015 - 2019) in 75 leading journals in the fields of econometrics, economics, and finance.