These postings are updated by SFU's departments. Applicants should make sure that they can meet the departments' requirements and application deadlines. Please apply directly to the department where the job posting is located. Please check your department's job posting website as well.
Sessional Instructor Positions
Sessional positions are generally posted in January for Summer semester, May for Fall semester, and September for Spring semester. Please note that sessional positions are subject to budgetary approval and contingent on enrollment.
Course Supervisor Positions for Fall 2020
Application deadline: July 10 at 12:00 noon, 2020
Submit your complete application, including the application form, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention of the Director, School of Criminology.
Teaching Assistant/Tutor-Marker Positions
In order to be appointed a person must have sufficient knowledge in the discipline of the course to interpret the course material, competency in oral and written English, and willingness to undertake some specific course designation training sessions. Students interested in Teaching Assistant or Tutor-Marker positions should inquire about training sessions.
Students must complete and submit the TA/TM application form by the posted deadline to be considered for a position.
Fall 2020 (1207) TA/TM Post
Appointment Dates: September 8 to December 24, 2020
To Apply: Complete this websurvey.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 11:59pm, Monday, August 10.
Important Notes for Fall 2020
- All teaching at SFU in summer term will be conducted through remote methods, which will entail different modes of instruction, interaction with students and marking practices than is normally the case.
- As usual, work will be assigned using the Time Use Guidelines and TA/TMs are expected to track and report their hours in the normal manner.
- International students: confirmation of eligibility to work in Canada (student VISA/SIN) must be submitted prior to accepting a position.
- TAs and TMs must be available for all remote lectures, tutorials and/or exam invigilation.
- All TA/TM positions are dependent on course enrollments and are subject to budgetary approval.
- TM (CODE) positions can be less than 5BU.
- Course schedules can be verified via the Student Information System.
- Do not double-book yourself by applying to positions that conflict with courses that you will enroll in.
The University is committed to the principle of equity in employment. (See Policy GP 19.)
The information submitted with your application is collected under the authority of the University Act (R.S.B.C. 1996, c.468, s. 27(4)(a)), applicable federal and provincial employment regulations and requirements, the University's non-academic employment policies and applicable collective agreements.
The information is related directly to and needed by the University to initiate the employment application process. The information will be used to contact references supplied by you, evaluate your qualifications and complete the employment process by making a hiring decision. Applicant information may also be disclosed to the Teaching Support Staff Union in accordance with Article XIII F.3.1.b of the Collective Agreement.
If you have any questions about the collection, use and disclosure of this information please contact the Associate VP, Human Resources, Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, BC V5A 1S6. Telephone 778-782-3237.