There are a variety of resources available to you for professional development.
Our partners offer resources, events, workshops and seminars that will assist you as you progress through your academic training and into your future career.
Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies offers a series of workshops in partnership with Career Services. For upcoming workshop dates and to register, check out our workshops page.
Personal Success & Well-Being
Managing stress and time to will help you to achieve balance academically and personally.
Interpersonal & Leadership Skills
As a graduate student and professional you will be called upon to lead others. Learn from accomplished leaders and acquire a variety of skills.
Applied Knowledge & Critical Thinking
Show your critical thinking skills and communicate your research to a broad audience.
Career Planning & Workplace Skills
Investigate career possibilities and develop and polish your professional skills.
- Career and Volunteer Services
- Health & Counselling Services
- Lynda.com online training (SFU Login here)
- Teaching & Learning Centre
- International TA Program & International TA series
- SFU's Philosophers' Café
- Simon Fraser Public Interest Research Group (SFPIRG
- Co-operative Education
- Mitacs Step Workshops
- Passport to Leadership Program
- Study Abroad Programs
- Student Services' Ambassador Program
- Venture Connection: Ignition Workshop Series
- Research Commons
- Student Learning Commons
- 3-Minute Thesis Competition
- Mitacs Accelerate Research Internships
- Mitacs Elevate Partnerships for Postdoctoral Fellows