- Get help
- Announcements & alerts
- Service outages
- Security alerts
- Major initiatives
- SFU works toward keeping devices out of landfills
- A journey to improved WiFi
- Expanded gender identity options for students within goSFU
- Help us, help you, connect to better WiFi
- IT Services' new support system: ServiceHub
- Information Security Essential Courses
- IT Services leadership announcement
- University Wide Password Change Initiative
- April 2021 technical issue
- Telephone System Core Infrastructure Upgrade
- Decommissioning fraser.sfu.ca
- Information security
- Anti-Spam (CASL) Compliance
- Data security standard
- Desktop Security
- Identity Protection
- Phishing Scams
- How to stay safe online
- Security hygiene
- Tips for safe computing
- Travelling with technology
- Keeping Your Personal Information Safe During the Holidays
- Don't get caught by a phishing scam
Step 1. Review Vault migration option
Migration options available for research groups
The first step of your migration process is to determine your migration location. Here is the option available for research groups:
The SFU Research Computing group supports research activities by providing a wide variety of IT assistance and expertise. Researchers have access to large-scale computing resources and storage facilities. Service is provided through WestGrid and Compute Canada and it is free for all researchers.
Note: Subject to service availability. Additional fees may apply for certain services or operations.
When is it best used for?
It's best used when:
- You need to store important research data or sensitive information that require additional data resiliency and safety measures.
- You need dedicated and ongoing support/expertise on storing and backing up your research data.