Access Control Services
All SFU Burnaby Campus keys and cards can be picked up in Discovery 1, Room 1300 [Map]
- Visa, Mastercard, debit and cash accepted
- Open from 8:45am until 3:45pm, Monday to Friday
Photo ID is required for all transactions.
PLEASE NOTE: All requests must be submitted to our office using the current request form. Requests will require 2-5 days for processing depending on volume - when requests are submitted via email a auto reply will provide the current turn-around time.
24 March 2017
Changes to Deposits and Service Fees for Keys, Fobs, & Cards
Effective 1 April 2017, the following changes will be enacted regarding deposits and service fee amounts for keys, fobs, and cards:
- Deposits & service fees will be phased out on cards/fobs for students / contractors / visitors and replaced with a flat non-refundable purchase price of $20.00. Staff & Faculty will continue to have a deposit system for cards/fobs. All existing deposits will be honoured.
- Cabinet key pricing will increase to $5 when a sample is provided and $15 when a key must be created by code.
All other current deposits and charges will remain in effect.
Please note that some existing deposits may be forfeited after April 1st if key/card holders are no longer active at the university, or if they are in violation of Policy AD 1.04. For full details please visit Access Control FAQ.
Managing access for a community with a peak population in excess of 20,000 people is not without its challenges. We employ a mix of mechanical (locks and keys) and electronic (access cards and alarms) devices to meet our needs. We continue to work together with community stakeholders to reach needs-based solutions that keep our primary goals in mind.
Campus Security Access Control:
- Issues keys and access cards, checking valid identification of key and cardholders, and accepts deposits and service charges.
- Monitors and responds to systems, key and cardholders, and door issues.
- Programs changes to key and cardholders, and door schedules.
- Maintains key and cardholder databases, including key and card activation and deletion.
- Produces system-generated reports for departmental user groups upon written request.
The Access Control office is located in room 1300 of Discovery 1. The office is open Monday to Friday 8:45 am – 3:45 pm. Stop by and see us in person, or reach us by: