- News & Events
- Student Life
- Programs in French
French Cohort Program
The French Cohort Program in Public and International Affairs: Two languages, twice the possibilities
- Have you studied in French and are looking to enhance the skills you’ve spent years acquiring?
- Are you interested in social sciences and international relations?
- Are you looking for a recognized program that opens doors to a wide range of exciting careers?
- If you answered "yes" to these questions, then the French Cohort Program (FCP) in Public and International Affairs is for you!
Overview of the FCP
- Program Entry: September, every year
- Length: minimum of 4 years
- Location: mainly at the SFU Burnaby Campus
- Annual Tuition Fees: approximately $6,500
Tuition fee details
- Exclusive Bursaries for Studying in French: as a FCP student, you will be eligible for several bursaries and awards. Find all the details here: bursaries and awards
- Next Entry: September 2021 (applications closed for September 2020)
- Admission Period: October 1st, 2020 - January 31, 2021
Refer to the SFU Admissions website for updated information: www.sfu.ca/students/admission
- Level of French Recommended: intermediate to advanced
As most of the FCP courses are taught in French (more than 60%), this program is ideal for students from French Immersion and Francophone programs. However, we do accept students who have completed Core French and who are ready to meet the challenge of studying in both of Canada's official languages at university. The intermediate level corresponds approximately to the B1 level of the DELF certification. Consult the table describing the levels of competence to learn more: DELF-DALF