- News & Events
- Student Life
- Programs in French
French Cohort Program
The French Cohort Program in Public and International Affairs: Two languages, twice the possibilities
- Have you studied in French and are looking to enhance the skills you’ve spent years acquiring?
- Are you interested in social sciences and international relations?
- Are you looking for a recognized program that opens doors to a wide range of exciting careers?
- If you answered "yes" to these questions, then the French Cohort Program (FCP) in Public and International Affairs is for you!
Overview of the FCP
- Program Entry: September, every year
- Length: minimum of 4 years
- Location: mainly at the SFU Burnaby Campus
- Annual Tuition Fees: approximately $6,500
Tuition fee details
- Exclusive Bursaries for Studying in French: as a FCP student, you will be eligible for several bursaries and awards. Find all the details here: bursaries and awards
- Next Entry: September 2022
- Admission Period: October 1st, 2021 - January 31, 2022
Refer to the SFU Admissions website for updated information: www.sfu.ca/students/admission
- Level of French Recommended: intermediate to advanced
As most of the FCP courses are taught in French (65% or more), this program is ideal for students from French Immersion and Francophone programs. However, we do accept students who have completed Core French 12 with a high level of French comprehension and expression. The intermediate level corresponds approximately to the B1/B2 level of the DELF certification. For reference, consult the table describing the levels of competence to learn more: DELF-DALF