- About Us
- Faisal Beg – Algorithms to Advance Research in Medicine
- Yasutaka Furukawa – Smart Building Technologies to Enhance Living Spaces and Create Opportunities
- Mo Chen – AI to Create Safe and Practical Robotics
- Sheelagh Carpendale – Understanding Data Through Interaction and Visualization
- Innovation to Improve 3D Navigation
- Voice AI is Helping Shoppers Make Better Decisions
- Geographic Information Science Can Help Better Track COVID-19
- Deep Learning to Inform Medical Diagnoses
- Protecting Killer Whales from Marine Traffic
- Using Big Data to Boost Athletic Performance
- Machine Reading for Literary Texts
- Finding a Cure for HIV with Big Data
- Linked Data for Women's History
- How Big Data Can Combat Fake News
- Algorithms for Safer Streets
- Discovering Wilde Data
- Deep Blue Data
- Big Data Meets Big Impact
- Previous Next Big Question Fund Projects
- Data Fellowships
- Using Data
- Avoid and Detect
- Data For Good
- Artificial Intelligence at SFU
- Cybersecurity and Resilience
- Security and Resilience
- Gender Gap Tracker
- Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality
- Upcoming Events
A Sustainable and Inclusive Pandemic Recovery
In Canada, the COVID-19 pandemic has disproportionately affected women, lower-income households, BIPOC, young adults, and those living with disabilities and mental illness. As government policy-makers move ahead with a post-pandemic economic recovery plan, it is imperative these groups aren’t glossed over.
This February, the Data Visionaries will explore how data informed decisions can help BC's economic recovery address well-being and inequality. From food security to healthcare to the tech sector, how will new innovations and data create equitable solutions and opportunities that benefit all Canadians?
Watch the panel session from February 24, 2021
Jeff Booth, Entrepreneur, Technology Leader, Author, and Strategic Advisor.
Krishna Pendakur, professor of economics at Simon Fraser University.
Gerri Sinclair, B.C.’s Innovation Commissioner, Ministry of Jobs, Economic Recovery and Innovation.
Fred Popowich, Scientific Director, SFU's Big Data Hub