- About Us
- Faisal Beg – Algorithms to Advance Research in Medicine
- Yasutaka Furukawa – Smart Building Technologies to Enhance Living Spaces and Create Opportunities
- Mo Chen – AI to Create Safe and Practical Robotics
- Sheelagh Carpendale – Understanding Data Through Interaction and Visualization
- Innovation to Improve 3D Navigation
- Voice AI is Helping Shoppers Make Better Decisions
- Geographic Information Science Can Help Better Track COVID-19
- Deep Learning to Inform Medical Diagnoses
- Protecting Killer Whales from Marine Traffic
- Using Big Data to Boost Athletic Performance
- Machine Reading for Literary Texts
- Finding a Cure for HIV with Big Data
- Linked Data for Women's History
- How Big Data Can Combat Fake News
- Algorithms for Safer Streets
- Discovering Wilde Data
- Deep Blue Data
- Big Data Meets Big Impact
- Previous Next Big Question Fund Projects
- Data Fellowships
- Using Data
- Avoid and Detect
- Data For Good
- Artificial Intelligence at SFU
- Cybersecurity and Resilience
- Security and Resilience
- Gender Gap Tracker
- Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality
- Upcoming Events
Data Visionaries Lunch Time Series
Supercharge your innovation by unlocking the potential of your data. Learn from industry leaders on how your organization can better integrate your data in product and service development.
Lunch time workshop
This virtual series features speakers from a wide range of industries addressing their data challenges in unique ways. In these one-hour sessions, you will learn how organizations address common data problems, how they unlock the full potential of their data, and how the ethical use of artificial intelligence enables different organizational areas to use their data in new ways.
Gain actionable knowledge
You will be provided with workbooks that incorporate tools and processes used to address specific data problems. They will include actionable insights that will allow you to see your data problems and potential solutions in a new light.
Learn from industry and experts
Each session features industry leaders and data experts who will discuss how data can address business challenges, and how you can incoporate ethical AI into the process.
Register for the upcoming Data Visionaries Session
Friday, October 20 at 12pm PT
In this session, Geoff Radtke and Jennifer Gill from BC Assessment will introduce you to different ways to interact with data including interactive data supporting explorations, integration, and visualization. We will run through a workbook, and learn from BCA and how they interact with different forms and sources of data.
- Fred Popowich, Scientific Director, SFU’s Big Data Hub
- Geoff Radtke, Director - ICI, Interior & Island, BC Assessment
- Jennifer Gill, Acting Director - Strategic People Programs, BC Assessment
We will continue to feature leaders who are harnessing their data and using it in innovative ways. We are constantly adding new speakers so stay tuned for updates. Our next speakers include:
- Jennifer Gill, Acting Director, Strategic People Programs, BC Assessment
- Geoff Radke, Director, BC Assessment
- Peder Sande, CEO, ORX Surgical
- More to come!
Sign up for the mailing list to be the first to know about upcoming workshops.