- Get help
- Announcements & alerts
- Service outages
- Security alerts
- Major initiatives
- Information security
- Anti-Spam (CASL) Compliance
- Data security standard
- Desktop Security
- Identity Protection
- Phishing Scams
- Remote work
- Security hygiene
- Tips for safe computing
- Travelling with technology
- Keeping Your Personal Information Safe During the Holidays
- October is Cyber Security Awareness Month
Vision, strategy and policy
- One I.S. vision
- Cloud Computing Strategy
- Stewardship Model
- Stewardship Committees
- Stewardship Workflow
- Connecting to University Governance
- Approval and Prioritization
- Stewardship and Project Management
- Terms of Reference: One I.S. Stewardship Committee
- Administrative Systems Stewardship Committee
- Terms of Reference: Research Systems Stewardship Committee
- Terms of Reference: Educational Systems Stewardship Committee
- Mobile Strategy
- Reports and blog
- Vision, strategy and policy
Get started with DAM
SFU Campus Network is required to access the DAM
To access this app, you must be connected to SFU campus network (If you are working remotely, connect to the SFU VPN beforehand).
How to Access the DAM
Step 1. On your browser, visit https://dam.sfu.ca
Step 2. Log in with your SFU account. This account should be the sponsor of the sponsored account you wish to provide delegated access.
Step 3. Once logged in, you should see a list of sponsored accounts you own on the left side of the app. Select the account you wish to enable delegated access.
Step 4. Select "Enable Delegated Access" if this is your first time activating delegated access for this sponsored account.
Step 5. After enabling delegated access, you can choose one of the following:
- Add a delegate or manager by inputting their computing ID.
- Remove a delegate or manager by clicking on the "trash bin" icon beside ttheir name.
- Promote/demote an existing delegate to/from a manager by switching the on/off button under the "is manager" column.
What are the types of roles on DAM?
There are 3 types of roles on DAM:
- Sponsor: Person or role who is responsible for the account life cycle (request, activation, renewal, deactivation, etc. and associated payment). The primary holder of the account's password.
- Manager: Person or role who is responsible for managing delegated access to the account (i.e., on/offboarding), and may need to access the account for day-to-day work. Each sponsored account can have more than one manager.
- Delegate: Person or role who needs to access the account for day-to-day work. Each sponsored account can have more than one delegate.
What is delegated access or delegate login?
By having delegated access to a sponsored account, you can now access that account (e.g., SFU Mail via web browser) using your own SFU account credentials. This type of login is referred to as delegate login – i.e., logging into a different account using your own credentials.
Note: Delegate login is currently only available to web-based CAS protected services (e.g., SFU Mail via web browser).
I've added delegates to my sponsored account, how does delegate login work for my delegates?
Once you have given delegated access to another individual, they will receive a welcome email with login instructions. You can also direct them to the how-to page on delegate login for sponsored account for more details.