- Clean Energy Research Group
- Feminist Mobilization and Economic Empowerment
- The Governance of Migration
- Future Students
- Your POL Journey
- Course Offerings
- Learning Tracks
- Undergraduate Advising
- Honours Program
- Options en Français
- Scholarships & Awards
- Career Development
- Get Involved
- Study Abroad
- News & Events
- Affiliated Programs
- NATO Field School
SUMMER 2023 POLITICAL SCIENCE TA POSITIONS
APPLICATION ARE NOW OPEN.
Application Deadline: March 13, 2023
Appointment duration: May 9 - August 28, 2023
Courses and tutorials are subject to change. Our ability to offer them is contingent upon final budgetary auhorization and enrolment numbers. Please keep this in mind when you apply.
Note: Before applying for TA/TM positons please be sure that the courses you are applying for do not conflict with your own course and/or work schedule. TAs must be available for the lecture and tutorials they are assigned to (students are typically assigned 3 tutorial sections). TM positions may require onsite exam invigilation. Course schedules can be found via goSFU under Class Search.
|Course #||Course Title||Location||Instructor||TA/TM||Additional Qualifications|
|100||Introduction to Politics and Government||Surrey||Andrew Heard||TA|
|121||Political Engagement: From the Streets to the Ballot Box||Burnaby||Sessional||TA|
|132||From Dictatorship to Democracy: Political Regimes in the 21st Century||Burnaby||Sessional||TA|
|253||Introduction to Public Policy||Burnaby||Sessional||TA|
Priority System for TA Allocation
FRENCH COHORT PROGRAM LINGUISTIC SUPPORT TA POSITIONS
The Office of Francophone and Francophile Affairs (OFFA) will be hiring a Teaching Assistant for Spring 2023 to offer French-language support to all students enrolled in the French Cohort Program in Public and International Affairs (FCP)—a multidisciplinary program in Political Science, French and History, which is taught primarily in French. The workload includes consultations with students to offer linguistic support as well as language corrections for writing assignments for Political Science and History courses taught in French.
Applications are now closed.
Appointment Duration: January 3 - April 30, 2023
- A letter of motivation and CV, in French, should be sent to the attention of Rémi Marien, Associate Director of Operations, Office of Francophone and Francophile Affairs (OFFA) via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Successful applicants must possess native or near-native proficiency in both oral and written French, as well as pedagogical skills in French language (FSL/FLE) as assessed by means of an interview. Experience in editing is an asset. MA or higher degree preferred.