We have received confirmation from StudentAid BC that we are able to temporarily receive Part-Time Studies applications by email. Please read below intructions on how to submit your application electronically to Financial Aid & Awards.
Application forms for the 2021/2022 program year (Fall 2021, Spring 2022, and Summer 2022 terms) are posted below. Applications are accepted until "six weeks before the date classes end."
Spring 2022 Applicaton Deadline:
March 18, 2022, 3:30pm PST
1) Submit your application only once your courseload is fully finalized (i.e. you will no longer be adding/dropping/swapping classes). Waitlisted classes do not count into one's courseload.
2) If you are enrolled in Co-Op, you are considered a full-time student, and are not eligible for part-time funding.
3) Some programs are ineligible for StudentAid BC funding, please see: Ineligible UGRD Programs or Ineligible GRAD Programs - to ensure your program is eligible.
1) Download the application form.
Visit https://studentaidbc.ca/form-library and locate "Part-time Studies Application" for the fillable version, or, click here: 2021-2022 StudentAid BC Part-Time Studies Application for a non-fillable version.
2) Complete your application. Please note:
i. You may indicate your SIN as 999 999 999 on the application for security purposes, however, make sure your correct SIN is updated on go.sfu.ca under Personal Information. If not, we cannot process your application.
ii. If your citizen status is Permanent Resident, include a copy of your PR card (front and back) with your application. If not, we cannot process your application.
iii. In Section 8 of 9 – Study Information, ensure the courses listed match your enrollment – if things differ, we cannot process your application.
iv. Errors or omissions will delay processing, review your application for completion and accuracy, including signatures and dates, before submitting it.
3) Save your application (preferably) as one file.
If you cannot electronically sign your application; we suggest printing page 7 of the application form, hand-signing it, and scanning/taking a photo of the page. You may submit that page as a separate attachment, along with your completed application form. We can open a variety of file extensions, though standard PDF, document and/or image files are preferred.
4) Email your completed application, along with any attachments (i.e. PR card) if required, to Financial Aid & Awards preferably from your SFU email account. Include your full name, student number in the email. Our email address is: email@example.com
5) Monitor your postal mailbox (for your StudentAid BC notice of assessment) and email (email from NSLSC on how to process your Master Student Financial Assistance Agreement (MSFAA)) for updates on your application, and instructions on how to proceed to receive your funds. Failure to follow these instructions to complete your MSFAA will result in you not receiving part-time funding.
Loans: BC Residents (Part-Time)
|Undergraduate students who are enrolled in 3 – 8 units at SFU exclusively are considered to be studying part-time. Note: students with a recognized permanent disability (who have been approved through StudentAid BC) who are enrolled in a minimum of 6 units per term can be considered to be studying full-time; to discuss your options, please contact us.
If you are enrolled in more than 8 units, see the BC Residents (Full-Time) section. If you are enrolled in less than 3 units, you are ineligible for government student loan funding.
How to Apply
StudentAid BC assists eligible BC residents with the federal part-time student financial assistance program.
As a part-time post-secondary student, the part-time student financial assistance program does not cover living costs. This program assists with costs associated with the following: tuition, books, supplies, transportation, and child care up to the funding maximums.
For further information, including what are available, eligibility requirements and how to apply, visit Explore Part-Time funding options.
Click here for the Part-Time Studies application. Once complete, bring your signed application to Financial Aid and Awards office for processing at six weeks before your term end date.