If you are Moving Out the below information is for you. Scroll down for Cleaning and Move Out Checklists for each building.
Avoid the Charges
- Return your keys. avoid the lock change fee = $155
- Cleaning and Damage Charges = $100 AVERAGE
Report Maintenance Issues
BEFORE YOU MOVE OUT: Any maintenence issues with your unit/room MUST be reported to our Residence Facilities team (via a maintenence request through your MyPlace@SFU Housing Portal)
- AVOID THE CHARGES: Make sure you fill out the form a few weeks before Move Out. Room inspections happen right after Move Out.
Key Return Available 24/7
Hand in your keys and make sure to get yourself a key receipt (or drop keys in the after-hours key drop box at the office). If you are remaining in the same room for the next term, you should NOT return your keys
Burnaby: Return Your Key to Residence and Housing Office
Vancouver: Return Your Key to Residence Life Coordinator or DropBox by Elevator
Clean Your (Shared) Space - Townhouse
- AVOID THE CHARGES: clean your shared space
- Everyone's Responsibility: Bathroom, Kitchen, Fridge, Stove, Living Room
Our maintenance staff will take photographs of any rooms that are left unclean, untidy, or damaged. Refer to the room condition/inventory form you completed when you moved in. Any damage or items needing repair will have been reported on this form and this will be the standard used to assess whether your room is left in the same condition it was received.