We hope you had a great year and wish you all the best! Below is a list to help make your move-out easy and stress free. Give yourself enough time so that you aren't rushing.
MOVE-OUT QUICK GUIDE
Give your new mailing address to friends, family, SFU, & creditors. buy mail forwarding from the post office in the Shell House basement
Make your travel and storage arrangements accordingly
Make Sure You...
- Clean your room & make sure it’s damage-free
- Lock your room door(s) and window(s)
- Hand in your keys & make sure to get yourself a key receipt (or drop keys in the after-hours key drop box at the office)
- *If you are remaining in the same room for the next term, you should NOT return your keys
- Click Here to Find out more information on other things to know
Moving out of Townhouses?
Check out this great '5 Step' video created by a few of your Townhouse CAs, which should help make your move-out go smoothly!
Please note that absolutely no storage of other students' belongings (students not assigned to your Townhouse) is allowed in the Townhouses during the Summer Term. If a townhouse unit is found in violation of this policy, all residents who are 'in-room' during the Summer Term will be charged the appropriate storage and/or cleaning fees.
Got extra items you want to donate?
Developmental Disabilities Association will have extra trucks to pick up items in the Townhouse area (by the recycling area near Kitimat House) if you want to donate during the following dates & times:
- August 18 and August 21, from 10:00 am to 2:00
You can donate clothing items and non-breakable housewares such as sporting gear and electronics. For a complete list of items that you can donate, please see their website at: http://www.develop.bc.ca/
- Please leave all Shaw equipment in your room when you leave. This includes the modem, remote control, and all cords.
- Please note that the replacement charge for these missing items is up to $300
- Update your correspondents with your new mailing address
- Complete the "Mail Forwarding" Form here and take your completed form, along with enough stamps to have your mail forwarded once a week for four weeks, to the Residence Mail room, located in Shell House by August 4.
- Please note that mail will not be held for pick up. At the end of the four weeks, any mail we receive for you will be returned to sender. Any leftover stamps will be returned to you.
Madge Community Space:
Aug 18 - Sept 11: Mon-Fri 9:00am-4:30pm
Closed Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays.
Aug 18 (Move-Out Day): Closing at 1:30pm for public, dining only for SFU training camps
Aug 19 - Aug 29: Closed for public, dining only for SFU training camps
Aug 30 - Sept 4: 7:00am-10:00pm
Sept 5: 7:00am - 24/7 onwards
- Please make sure that any maintenence issues with your unit/room are reported to our Residence Facilities team (via a maintenence request through the Housing Portal) BEFORE you move out.
- This will help ensure that you do not get falsely charged for any room damage after we conduct a room inspection.
SFU Residence and Housing does not have storage if you are travelling or need a temporary place for your items. There are lots of options when it comes to local storage companies. Below are a few options: