- Faculty & Staff
- About FASS
- Departments and programs
- Applied legal studies
- Cognitive science
- French Cohort
- Gender, sexuality, and women's studies
- Global Asia
- Global Humanities
- Graduate liberal studies
- Indigenous languages
- Indigenous studies
- International studies
- Labour studies
- Political science
- Public policy
- Social data analytics
- Urban studies
- World languages & literatures
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Undergraduate Students
- Advising and Resources
- Connect with Arts Central
- Plan your Program
- Career Experience
- Student Life
- FASS Forward
- FASS 200 Writing Right: Strategies for effective revision
- FASS 204 Communicating in Conflict and Negotiation
- FASS 205 Finding Voice: Public Speaking for Social Change
- FASS 206 Creating Effective Teams
- FASS 207 Cultural Humility: Understanding Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- FASS 208 Introduction to Personal Financial Planning for Students
- FASS 210 Language Network Science
- FASS 211 Data Literacy and the City
- FASS 212 Introduction to Social Work Practice: Change Agency
- FASS 214 Exploring EDI: This Is My Story
- INDG 305 Treaties in Canada
- Graduate Students
- Undergraduate Students
- FASS at Surrey
- Make meaning
- Next steps for new students
Dean's Medal Awards
In recognition of academic excellence in research, teaching, and service, with an emphasis on significant contributions while in position in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences at SFU, up to three Dean's Medals and one Lifetime Achievement Award will be awarded annually to tenured faculty.
Call for nominations in 2022
Department Chairs/Directors are asked to submit no more than two nominations annually. Award adjudication will take into consideration career stage.
The nomination should include:
- the nominee's full academic CV
- a brief (maximum 500 words) qualitative statement from the nominee about their scholarship, teaching, and service
- the Chair's letter of nomination providing a full overview of the nominee's overall record of achievement in all three categories of scholarship, teaching, and service
- any other information/documentation specifically relevant to the case
All information will remain confidential and will be held on file for future consideration for three years, or until a request is made for removal.
Award winners shall receive $1,000 towards professional development and a medal recognizing his/her achievements.
The due date for nominations is June 1, 2022, by 4:00 pm. Please submit your nomination package to email@example.com.
Dean’s Medal recipients will be honoured at the FASS Autumn Reception.
Nominations for 2022 are currently closed.
More information for the 2023 nominations will be coming soon.