- About FASS
- Departments and programs
- Faculty & staff portal
- FASS at Surrey
The Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (FASS) offers teaching and support resources to instructors. FASS also seeks to connect instructors with other Simon Fraser University and external resources.
Reconciling Curriculum Grant Program
This second call invites creative proposals from FASS continuing faculty, both individuals and teams involving two or more departments/programs, for constructive action on addressing the ongoing legacies of colonialism and the work of reconciliation in the following categories:
- Micro Research and Teaching Development Grants. Total: $18,000 p.a.
- Lower Division (LD) Courses Advancing Decolonization/ Reconciliation. Total up to $25,000 annually
- Upper Division (UD) (Graduate) Courses: individual or team grants for up to $10,000
- Indigenous Cultural Awareness Training and Professional Development. Total: $15,000 p.a.
- Community-based Partner Development. Total up to: $20,000 p.a.
Full grant program guidelines and application forms
Reconciling Curriculum Grant Program guidelines and forms
FASS Grants for the Improvement of Lower Division Student Academic Experience program provide support to departments and programs in FASS that wish to improve the learning experience of students in their lower division courses.
Details and application
Applications are open to all continuing faculty including undergraduate and department/program chairs. Demonstrated departmental support (signature of Chair) required.
Support for teaching assistants working outside the context of course offerings. For details see application form below.
There is a budget for a total of five grants. Each grant is worth $6,000 and must be utilized within the year.
Please complete the form below and return it to FASSsec@sfu.ca.