- About FASS
- Departments and programs
- Future Students
- Undergraduate Students
- Advising and Resources
- Connect with Arts Central
- Plan your Program
- Student Life
- Enhance your learning
- FASS Forward
- FASS 200-1 Writing Right: Strategies for effective revision
- FASS 204-1 Communicating in Conflict and Negotiation
- FASS 207-1 Cultural Humility: Understanding Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- FASS 208-1 Introduction to Personal Financial Planning for Students
- FASS 210-1 Language Network Science
- FASS 211-1 Data Literacy and the City
- Graduate Students
- Undergraduate Students
Faculty member resources
- Find funding
- Apply for funding
- Manage funding
- Frequently asked questions
- Research centres & institutes
- Visualizing FASS Research
- Faculty member resources
- Faculty & staff portal
- FASS at Surrey
- Make meaning
- Next steps for new students
The Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (FASS) offers teaching and support resources to instructors. FASS also seeks to connect instructors with other Simon Fraser University and external resources.
FASS Remote Instructional Technology Support Team
The FASS Dean’s Office has established a team of 6 P/T research assistants to provide support with remote teaching technology to FASS instructors, including continuing faculty, term, and sessional instructors. The goal of this team is to provide responsive, consistent, and quality support for remote instructional technology to all FASS instructors.
These RAs bring a broad set of skills & knowledge on the suite of remote technology used at SFU along with varied departmental experience, including Humanities, International Studies, Economics, Sociology/Anthropology, Criminology, History, and Political Science. Team members have also offered to introduce themselves ‘in-person’ at a meeting with your department.
For assistance with your course, please email the team: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reconciling Curriculum Grant Program
This second call invites creative proposals from FASS continuing faculty, both individuals and teams involving two or more departments/programs, for constructive action on addressing the ongoing legacies of colonialism and the work of reconciliation in the following categories:
- Micro Research and Teaching Development Grants. Total: $18,000 p.a.
- Lower Division (LD) Courses Advancing Decolonization/ Reconciliation. Total up to $25,000 annually
- Upper Division (UD) (Graduate) Courses: individual or team grants for up to $10,000
- Indigenous Cultural Awareness Training and Professional Development. Total: $15,000 p.a.
- Community-based Partner Development. Total up to: $20,000 p.a.
Full grant program guidelines and application forms
Reconciling Curriculum Grant Program guidelines and forms
FASS Grants for the Improvement of Lower Division Student Academic Experience program provide support to departments and programs in FASS that wish to improve the learning experience of students in their lower division courses.
Details and application
Applications are open to all continuing faculty including undergraduate and department/program chairs. Demonstrated departmental support (signature of Chair) required.
Support for teaching assistants working outside the context of course offerings. For details see application form below.
There is a budget for a total of five grants. Each grant is worth $6,000 and must be utilized within the year.
Please complete the form below and return it to FASSsec@sfu.ca.