- Executive Director's Office
- Supporting one another and raising awareness on sexual assault
- Why Bell Let's Talk Day matters to me
- International Women's Day: Celebrating the Strong Women in My Life
- The Glass Half Full: The Challenges of 2020 & The Promise of 2021
- Moving forward: Next steps for anti-racism dialogues at SFU Surrey
- Honouring the 215 lives lost
- Walking together towards inclusion
- Summer message from Steve Dooley
- Welcome back to campus!
- Honouring the first National Day for Truth and Reconciliation
- Introducing The Journey Here: a new podcast from SFU Surrey
- Holiday greetings, a look back on 2021 and hope for 2022
- Let's talk about mental health and well-being
- Lift Each Other Up on Pink Shirt Day
- 2020 Homeless Count in Surrey
- Surrey campus vibe is alive-and-strong during COVID-19
- It’s Long Overdue - Moving The Dial on Racism & Discrimination
- Thank You President Petter for 10 Amazing Years
- Welcoming Joy Johnson, SFU's 10th President
- Get to know Steve Dooley, Executive Director of SFU's Surrey Campus
- In case you missed it: Fall 2020 Campus-wide meeting
- The fight against COVID-19: Surrey researchers at their best!
- Season's greetings from Steve Dooley
- Community Perspectives on Living with HIV and where we go From Here
- Celebrating International Women’s Day at SFU’s Surrey Campus
- OppFest at the Surrey campus
- New campus building expands SFU Surrey campus
- Pink Shirt Day
- Power of Partnerships: Surrey Schools
- Welcome to Fall 2019
- SFU Surrey and Orange Shirt Day
- World Mental Health Week
- Health-related research and innovation is thriving in Surrey
- SFU Surrey students changing the world in 2019
Podcast: The Journey Here
- Season 1
- Ep. 1 | Joy Johnson: Leading with Compassion and Care
- Ep. 2 | Kue K'nyawmupoe: Connecting and Serving Communities
- Ep. 3 | Doug Tennant: Empowering Leaders with Diverse Abilities
- Ep. 4 | Kathleen Burke: Igniting Community Leaders
- Ep. 5 | Rochelle Prasad: Sparking the Leaders of Tomorrow
- Ep. 6 | Bailey Mumford: An Advocate for Housing and Belonging
- Ep. 7 | Matt Hern: Supporting Community Development through Worker Co-operatives
- Ep. 8 | Joanne Curry: Engaging Our Campus and Community
- Season 1
- Email Archive
- Campus services
- News and events
- Contact us
Season's greetings from Steve Dooley
With the festive season now upon us, I want to take the time to wish you and your family all the best this holiday season.
2020 has been a most challenging year. I want to thank each and every one of you for your hard work, creativity and determination as we made major pivots in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic. I know it has not been easy with our lives upended in so many ways.
And yet, SFU has accomplished a lot this year. From adapting our teaching and study habits to re-focusing research efforts on fighting the pandemic to continuation of service to community partners. Many of you have stepped up to show your care for one another and our community. Your commitment and care for one another is inspiring, and it’s what makes me so proud to be a part of the amazing SFU Surrey campus vibe.
As we prepare for the holidays, a season that will look very different from what we’re used to, I hope that you will take the time to recharge in the comfort of your loved ones, with the university closed between Christmas and new year’s.
And I want to borrow a call to action from President Johnson for the holidays:
Let it Slow, Let it Slow, Let it Slow
Again, wishing you and your family a very safe and restful holiday season. And, I for one am looking forward to many more good things happening in 2021.
Please take care and be safe.