- Executive Director's Office
- Supporting one another and raising awareness on sexual assault
- Why Bell Let's Talk Day matters to me
- International Women's Day: Celebrating the Strong Women in My Life
- The Glass Half Full: The Challenges of 2020 & The Promise of 2021
- Moving forward: Next steps for anti-racism dialogues at SFU Surrey
- Honouring the 215 lives lost
- Walking together towards inclusion
- Summer message from Steve Dooley
- Welcome back to campus!
- Honouring the first National Day for Truth and Reconciliation
- Introducing The Journey Here: a new podcast from SFU Surrey
- Holiday greetings, a look back on 2021 and hope for 2022
- Let's talk about mental health and well-being
- Lift Each Other Up on Pink Shirt Day
- 2020 Homeless Count in Surrey
- Surrey campus vibe is alive-and-strong during COVID-19
- It’s Long Overdue - Moving The Dial on Racism & Discrimination
- Thank You President Petter for 10 Amazing Years
- Welcoming Joy Johnson, SFU's 10th President
- Get to know Steve Dooley, Executive Director of SFU's Surrey Campus
- In case you missed it: Fall 2020 Campus-wide meeting
- The fight against COVID-19: Surrey researchers at their best!
- Season's greetings from Steve Dooley
- Community Perspectives on Living with HIV and where we go From Here
- Celebrating International Women’s Day at SFU’s Surrey Campus
- OppFest at the Surrey campus
- New campus building expands SFU Surrey campus
- Pink Shirt Day
- Power of Partnerships: Surrey Schools
- Welcome to Fall 2019
- SFU Surrey and Orange Shirt Day
- World Mental Health Week
- Health-related research and innovation is thriving in Surrey
- SFU Surrey students changing the world in 2019
Podcast: The Journey Here
- Season 1
- Ep. 1 | Joy Johnson: Leading with Compassion and Care
- Ep. 2 | Kue K'nyawmupoe: Connecting and Serving Communities
- Ep. 3 | Doug Tennant: Empowering Leaders with Diverse Abilities
- Ep. 4 | Kathleen Burke: Igniting Community Leaders
- Ep. 5 | Rochelle Prasad: Sparking the Leaders of Tomorrow
- Ep. 6 | Bailey Mumford: An Advocate for Housing and Belonging
- Ep. 7 | Matt Hern: Supporting Community Development through Worker Co-operatives
- Ep. 8 | Joanne Curry: Engaging Our Campus and Community
- Season 1
- Email Archive
- Campus services
- News and events
- Contact us
Welcome back to campus!
Happy September and welcome (back) to SFU Surrey! I am so excited to be back on campus and I am looking forward to seeing you all in person, perhaps for the first time! I know that the past eighteen months have been difficult and challenging, but I am so proud of our SFU community for your resilience and strength during these unprecedented times.
To the faculty and staff that never left our campus during the pandemic- our Facilities, IT Services, Fraser Library, essential research, and custodial staff: thank you so much for everything you've done to keep the campus up and running. You've truly kept the Surrey vibe alive here while we've been away, and your work has been instrumental to our smooth return to campus.
To our new and returning faculty and staff: thank you for your flexibility and patience in adjusting to working and teaching from home. I am grateful for your diligence, and I am certain that the students at SFU Surrey are appreciative of your hard work as well. I can't wait to connect and chat with you all in person very soon.
To our new and returning students: whether you've never been to our campus or you're coming back after a year and a half away, we are so happy to have you here! You may notice quite a few changes around our campus, such as our new Student Welcome Centre, the napping pods on the third floor by the SFSS offices, the brand new furniture in the Mezz and around the gallerias, our brand new 24-foot SFU sign outside the SRYE building, and more! I encourage you to explore both the SRYC and SRYE buildings when you get the chance. Both locations have great places to hang out and study, and you are welcome in both buildings anytime.
In closing, I know that it will take some time to transition back to life on campus, but I am confident that our campus community will continue to thrive. Welcome back, everyone, and I hope you have a wonderful semester.