- Preparing for graduate studies
- Get Involved
- Drop-in workshops
- Mini course
- Awards & funding
- Herbert G. Grubel Award
- James Dean Award
- Lang Wong Memorial Endowment Scholarship
- Meiyu Li Memorial Scholarship in Economics
- Peter Kennedy Memorial Graduate Entrance Scholarship in Economics
- Peter Kennedy Memorial Graduate Fellowship
- Richard G. Lipsey Award
- Terry Heaps Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award
- Shiva and Elizabeth Nanda Graduate Fellowship in Economics
- Shiva and Elizabeth Nanda Graduate Scholarship in Economics
- Job market candidates
- Graduate student profiles
- Student publications
- Department Login
Luba Petersen receives 2021 Young Researcher Award
The CWEC officially announced Petersen as the recipient of this prestigious award during the 55th annual meeting of the Canadian Economics Association (CEA).
According to the CWEC press release, the selection committee was impressed with Petersen's research contributions focused on deriving insights from controlled laboratory experiments for macroeconomics and monetary policy. Her research has been published extensively in publications such as the American Economic Review, Journal of Monetary Economics, Experimental Economics and more. Petersen's work also received considerable attention from policy institutions such as the Bank of Canada, CD Howe Institute; as well as from media outlets.
As an organization committed to supporting the advancement of women in the Canadian economics profession, CWEC awards the Young Researcher Award to a female junior economist in Canada judged by the selection committee to have the best research record.