About the Faculty of Health Sciences
The Faculty of Health Sciences will be a leader in the generation and mobilization of interdisciplinary knowledge to understand and improve health and well being.
The Faculty of Health Sciences strives to improve the health of individuals and populations and to reduce health inequities through excellence in interdisciplinary research and education, in partnership with local, national and global communities and with a commitment to social justice.
Our Core Values
- Excellence in Teaching and Learning
- Academic Freedom, Integrity and Excellence
- Equity and Diversity
- Community Engagement
- Healthy Workplace
FHS in Detail
For a detailed look at the Faculty of Health Sciences including its history, people, and activities, please read the FHS 2007-2012 5 year report.
Quick Facts and Statistics
- Number of Faculty: 55
- Number of Staff: 23
- Number of Undergraduate Students: 1,200 (BA, BSc)
- Number of Graduate Students: 119 (MPH, MSc, PhD)
- FHS was the first public health-oriented program in English Canada to receive international accreditation from the US-based Council for Education in Public Health (CEPH).
- FHS is home to 5 Canada Research Chairs and 5 Endowed Chairs