- News & events
- About us
- Contact us
- Somers Research Group
- Faculty and Staff Resources
- Next Steps
- Incoming Students
- Gender & COVID-19
- Spring 2020 Convocation
- COVID-19 Update
- The Roundtable
- Conversion Therapy Survey
- Fall 2020 Convocation
Job Opportunity - Specialist, Virtual Health - Providence Health Care
Specialist, Virtual Health
Work Area: Virtual Health Initiatives
Base Site: Hornby Street
Status: Temporary Full Time
End Date: Jan 4, 2022
Job Category: Management/Non Union
Post date: Dec. 8, 2020
Reporting to the Leader, Virtual Health, the Specialist, Virtual Health provides technical expertise and support for the overall goals and objectives of the PHC VCH team by providing complex research and analysis to support virtual health initiatives. The Specialist is engaged in multiple initiatives and supports the VH team with people readiness planning within specific projects, clinical requirements gathering (i.e. data, clinical workflow/business process and functional needs), and the execution of projects. This role focuses on people and processes including work flow, clinical/business processes (process design), people readiness (change management) as well as systems and technology. As a technical leader, the Specialist maintains extensive knowledge in the area of virtual health to assist clinical areas in resolving complex virtual health problems.
• Demonstrated ability to organize and write application related documentation and proposals.
• Demonstrated ability to understand and clearly relate technical information to internal and external audiences.
• Demonstrated ability to work creatively and analytically to solve problems using advanced critical thinking.
• Demonstrated understanding of business analysis and project management methodology.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate and present complex ideas in simple terminology, and to engage effectively with various stakeholders.
• Demonstrated abilities in facilitation, negotiation, and issues management/escalation including the ability to facilitate and encourage cooperation between diverse operational groups and skill sets.
• Strong demonstrable skills in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, and MS Project), SharePoint and Visio.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the job.
Bachelor’s degree in health sciences, health informatics, or a related discipline plus a minimum of five (5) years’ recent, related experience including three (3) years’ project management and change management experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Experience in Virtual Health and in Health Care is preferred.
1. Coordinates clinical requirements by collaborating to engage clinical/program operation leads, key stakeholders, and subject matter experts. Uses methods such as interviews, environmental scanning, document reviews, process mapping, business process descriptions, “use case” scenarios and workflow analysis.
2. Provides expertise on technical work streams and processes and ensures requirements are gathered and documented in a meaningful and useful way.
3. Provides specialized analysis of operational problems and recommends innovative solutions by critically evaluating information gathered from multiple sources, reconciling conflicts, decomposing high-level information into details, abstracting up for low-level information to a general understanding and distinguishing user requests from the underlying true needs.
4. Facilitates consensus on issues including business design features, program changes, data requirements, privacy issues, and reports. Provides information on technical issues and constraints and prepares in-depth business and analytical reports.
5. Develops clinical requirements specifications, project proposals, business cases, project summaries, and other related documentation using standard templates.
6. Develops plans for projects to ensure on-time delivery of projects and support adoption, optimization and sustainment.
7. Coordinates and supports stakeholder engagement in initiative planning and implementation.
8. Works with Clinical areas to implement VH solutions and provides ongoing educational support to those areas.
9. Analyzes data (qualitative and quantitative) to inform evaluation of VH initiatives and summaries the data and analysis for inclusion in Evaluation Reports.
10. Performs feasibility studies and workload efficiency analyses including identifying system deficiencies, operational inefficiencies, and methods to enhance business functions.
11. Collaborates with key internal and external partners including IMITS, Clinical and Enterprise Informatics, Data Analytics, Privacy, Supply Chain, potential vendors and vendors with PHC contracts to consult and assist in navigating the vendor selection and contracting process. Provides specialist support including requirements gathering, documentation, and vendor analysis.
12. Participates in various operational and project committees and teams to facilitate and/or lead various initiatives.
13. Performs other duties as required.