- News & events
- About us
- Student Commons
- Contact us
- Somers Research Group
- Faculty and Staff Resources
- Next Steps
- Incoming Students
- Spring 2020 Convocation
- The Roundtable
- Conversion Therapy Survey
- Fall 2020 Convocation
- RESET Team
- Spring 2021 Convocation
- Planetary Health Research Group
Job Opportunity - Clinical Education Coordinator, BC Centre for Excellence in HIV/AIDS
Please note: Only Canadian Citizens, legal residents or residents with a legal work permit will be
STATUS: This is a full-time position
JOB START DATE: As soon as possible
SALARY: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
LOCATION: BC Centre for Excellence in HIV/AIDS (BC-CfE), Vancouver, BC
JOB: Reporting to the Director, Clinical Education and Training the Educational Program
Coordinator provides program and administrative support and oversees assigned programs. The
position works closely with staff in the John Ruedy Clinic, and interacts with other BC-CfE research
and training as well as external stakeholders including UBC, VCHA and BC-CDC.
ORGANIZATION: The BC-CfE currently employs a team of Statisticians, Programmers, Data
Analysts, Clinical Research Assistants and Data Entry Clerks who work collaboratively on cohortbased
epidemiological and clinical studies. The BC-CfE is a world renowned HIV/AIDS Research
Centre including Research Laboratory, Clinical Trials, Drug Treatment Program, Epidemiology and
Professional Education Programs.
• Provides administrative support to the Director of Clinical Education and the Clinical Education
team at the BC-CfE. Works with support staff in Infectious Diseases and HIV/AIDS Specialty
Clinics, and the BC-CfE Clinical Educator and Program Coordinator.
• Facilitates effective triaging of correspondence, determination of appropriate action, and timely
follow-up as appropriate for both personal email and general Education email.
• Coordinates meetings ensuring well-defined and timely agendas, identification of and notification to
interested parties, coordinating rooms and equipment, arranging catering, preparing and
distributing meeting materials and agendas, and where required, taking and transcribing minutes
and keeping track of action items.
• Word processing a variety of documents to include, but not limited to, memos, medical
transcriptions and preparation of material by transcribing from dictation or written drafts.
• Maintains a consistently updated and accurate appointment schedule for the Director and the
Education team, including determination of urgency and nature of requests, resolution of time
conflicts, and notification to all relevant parties.
• Provides support and coordinates the clinical training program including clinical training placements
for clinic health care providers and residents, fellows and medical students, including timely
response to scheduling changes.
• May coordinate and provide event support for live and/or virtual lectures/educational events.
• Provides support and preparation on grant applications and other research documents, including
papers, abstracts and proposals.
• Creates and processes slides and posters for conference presentations.
• Participates in staff meetings, special projects, and other activities as required.
• Collects and keeps updated records and data bases related to educational program monitoring and
evaluation, including program attendance, evaluation and feedback.
• Liaises in a professional and courteous manner with other program directors, staff, mentors,
stakeholders, and the public organizations, including the University of British Columbia.
• Produces a variety of documents including reports, correspondence, presentation materials,
spreadsheets, and memos by using various word processing, spreadsheet and presentation
software packages, including creation of files, tables and spreadsheets. Photocopies and
distributes documentation such as correspondence and reports as required.
• Remains up-to-date on registration for clinical training programs, and, when necessary, submits
and follows up on billing for the programs. Corresponds with learners on program information,
requirements, and completion.
• Ensures dissemination of information to internal and external stakeholders regarding the
organization’s programs, services, procedures and processes, and provides updates on
• Prepares and submits employee time records, where required, documenting items such as time
worked and sick leave and vacation taken, and responds to related queries.
• Arranges travel and accommodation as required within approved policies and guidelines.
• Creates and maintains an efficient filing system, including bringing forward documents required for
meetings and proactively identifying action items to be completed prior to meetings.
• Maintains and updates yearly budget for the Clinical Education Program.
• Works with the Clinical Educator and Program Coordinator in the scheduling and support of all
clinical education events.
• Performs other duties as required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Health or Social Sciences, Public Health, Public Policy or education related
field supplemented by three (3) to five (5) years of recent related experience in
administrative/program coordination. An equivalent combination of education, training and
experience may be considered.
• Knowledge and/or experience working in addiction, public health, health services, HIV and viral
hepatitis an asset.
• Experience in coordinating projects and/or grant based programs an asset.
• Experience in preparing documents, reports, and communications materials.
• Knowledge or experience in medical education an asset.
• Must have advanced word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, desktop publishing, and
database software skills. Excellent knowledge of Macintosh computers is considered an asset.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to provide effective administrative support at the senior management
level, including tact and diplomacy, in dealing with a variety of work situations, hospital staff, board
members, government representatives, community agency personnel and the general public.
• Demonstrated communication skills to respond effectively to inquiries, both verbally and in writing,
flexibility to meet and adapt to changes in organizational priorities.
• Ability to multi-task, work independently with minimal direction, and work under pressure with
constant deadlines, using strong organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
• Demonstrate aptitude for detailed work, capability of decision making/problem solving within
• Ability to work independently and resolve administrative issues/problems.
• Demonstrated flexibility to meet and adapt to changes in organizational priorities.
• Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload and work under time pressures
to meet deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to utilize tact and discretion in preparing, disclosing and handling information
of a confidential and/or sensitive nature.
• Demonstrated physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Liaises in a professional and courteous manner with managers/directors, staff and the public to
gather and disseminate information.
Please include in your letter of submission:
• Curriculum Vitae
• Experience and interests
• Salary Expectation and availability
c/o HR Coordinator, BC Centre for Excellence in HIV/AIDS, 608-1081 Burrard Street, Vancouver,
BC, V6Z 1Y6 FAX: 604-806-8464; email@example.com
APPLICATION DEADLINE : As soon as position filled
Note: Applications received without a cover letter will NOT be considered. Only candidates that are
selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time