- News & events
- About us
- Contact us
- Somers Research Group
- Faculty and Staff Resources
- Next Steps
- Incoming Students
- Gender & COVID-19
- Spring 2020 Convocation
- COVID-19 Update
- The Roundtable
- Conversion Therapy Survey
- Fall 2020 Convocation
- RESET Team
Canadian Youth Delegate to World Health Assembly 73
Subject: call for candidatures to the WHA 73
The 73th World Health Assembly will take place in Geneva between May 17th and May 21st, 2020. This meeting is one of the largest health policy setting events, it brings together health ministers and health representatives from the 194 World Health Organization (WHO) member states.
The Government of Canada is offering, once more, the opportunity for a Canadian youth to attend the world health assembly as part of the Canadian delegation and to observe the workings of this specialised agency of the United Nations.
The delegate will be selected by a committee composed of representatives from a number of youth organizations working in global health.
● Be a Canadian citizen and hold a valid Canadian passport;
● Be between 18 and 30 years of age;
● Be able to attend all preparatory meetings and the entirety of the WHA;
● Be currently a student or a young profession in the field of health sciences, clinical care, or public health
● Motivation letter (completed in the online form)
● C.V. (sent through the online application form)
● Recommendation letter from professional (sent through the online application form)
● Recommendation letter from peer (sent through the online application form)
● Completed application form: http://bit.ly/yWHA2020
Applications will be evaluated based on:
● Past experience in global health
● Involvement in a global health related student network or university program
● Understanding of global health policy and the nature of the work at the WHA
● Quality of application documents and recommendation letters
The application deadline is Friday, November 15th 2019 at 23:59 EST.
Any application received after the deadline, or any incomplete application will not be considered.
Financial support will be available for the selected candidate: participants will need to pay costs upfront, but, accommodations, and a per diem will be reimbursed after the participation. Flights will be arranged in advance. Details will be provided to the selected candidate.
Finally, the selected candidate may also be given the opportunity to participate in other Global Health policymaking events as members of the Canadian delegation during the year to follow.