Associate Professor, Faculty of Health Sciences
St. Paul's Hospital CANFAR Chair in HIV/AIDS Research
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 778-782-9667
- Office: BLU 9706
- BA(h)- Economics, University of Winnipeg
- MA - Economics, University of British Columbia
- PhD - Public Health, University of British Columbia
- Postdoctoral Fellowship University of California, Los Angeles
Bohdan Nosyk is an Associate Professor and St. Paul’s Hospital CANFAR Chair in HIV/AIDS Research at the Faculty of Health Sciences, and leads the Health Economic Research Unit at the BC Centre for Excellence in HIV/AIDS.
Dr. Nosyk’s research seeks to inform complex policy decisions surrounding the prevention and management of HIV/AIDS and substance use disorders. He has led population-level evaluations in these disease areas in China, in the state of California and across urban centers in the US, and locally in British Columbia. He combines simulation modeling methods and cost-effectiveness analyses with econometric and biostatistical analyses of health administrative data to address these issues.
Dr. Nosyk’s teaching interests are in the areas of health economic evaluation and health services research.
Publications and Activities
View Dr. Bohdan Nosyk's publications here.
- Vancouver Drug Users Study: Evaluating the natural history of injection drug use
- Localized economic modelling to optimize public health strategies for HIV treatment and prevention
- Canadian HIV Observational Cohort Collaborative Research Centre
- The impact of alternative social assistance disbursement on drug-related harm: A randomized controlled trial
- Relationship Between Healthcare Utilization, Costs and HAART Uptake among HIV-Positive Persons in BC
- Cost Effective Integration of HIV care in Opioid Substitution Treatment