- MSc, Statistics, University of British Columbia
- Ph.D., Statistics, University of British Columbia
- Postdoctoral Research, Imperial College London
Lawrence McCandless is an associate professor with tenure in the Faculty of Health Sciences at SFU and an associate member of the Department of Statistics and Actuarial Sciences. He completed a PhD in statistics at the University of British Columbia with Paul Gustafson and Peter Austin. Then he did a postdoctoral fellowship in the Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Imperial College London, with Sylvia Richardson and Nicky Best.
Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Environmental Health, and Mental Health.
Biostatistics, Epidemiology, and Analysis of Complex Datasets.
Publications and Activities
Available on his curriculum vitae.
- Biostatistical methods for estimating the cumulative impact of environmental contaminant exposures on preterm birth
- Bayesian bias modelling for causal inference in statistics
- Prenatal exposure to environmental contaminants and fetal growth: How to account for multiplicity when testing multiple statistical hypotheses?
- Expanding Housing First for homeless adults in Metro Vancouver
- Determinants of late initiation and treatment interruption in a context of the expansion of highly active antiretroviral therapy in BC