Surrey Science Advisor

Nadia Williams advises all Surrey Science students, the undeclared Science students from all campuses over 60 units, the General Science Double Minor program students, and internal faculty transfers.

Academic Advisor

The Academic Advisor can assist you in a variety of areas related to your academic career at SFU, from first year course planning to identifying your interests and choosing your major.

Nadia Williams
Email: (preferred)  General response is time one to two business days.  Messages are not read nor responded to evenings/weekends/holidays.  
Phone: 778.782.7486 
Surrey Office: SRYC 2910

For advising appointments: Log into Advisor Link with your SFU Computing ID and password and book academic advising appointments online. Watch this short video tutorial to get started!  If you do not see a time listed that matches your availability, please email me for alternate times. 

If I am not on your Success Team on Advisor Link, please email me with your full name, SFU student number, and any questions or concerns. Current students should use their SFU email accounts.

Students are also welcome to drop by in person anytime they are at Surrey campus.  My office is inside the main Faculty of Science area at the VERY back of Podium 2.  Go down the ramp that is on the right-hand side of the front counter in the mezzanine, wind your way around and past the Chemistry lab, and down the next hallway.  Glass entrance doors say "Faculty of Science".

Why do I need to visit an academic advisor?

  • Course selection and anything to do with registration
  • What can I do with my [insert your major here] degree?
  • How do I choose my major?
  • What courses do I need for a doctor/dentist/pharmacist/other health care professional program?
  • Where do I find [insert service or resource here] on campus/on the SFU website?
  • I want to change programs
  • Academic goal-setting
  • Coaching
  • Exploring other programs
  • Identifying interests, skills and abilities
  • I'm having academic/personal/financial difficulty and I need to know where to go/who to talk to