Human Resources Management
Manage your organization’s greatest asset
Learn the essential skills and knowledge you need to succeed in a human resources career. Accredited with the Chartered Professionals in Human Resources (CPHR) British Columbia & Yukon, our human resources management certificate program can help you build a rewarding career in managing and developing organizational talent. By successfully completing the program, you may be eligible to pursue the CPHR designation without writing the National Knowledge Exam®. Course hours may also be eligible for CPD hours toward maintaining your designation.
- Choose from conveniently scheduled courses in Surrey, Vancouver or online
- Learn from industry leaders in the HR field
- Build a professional network of peers
Evenings, Sat, online
Take our human resources management courses one at a time to suit your work schedule.
View human resources management courses:
Location update: In-person courses have been moved to online delivery through December 31, 2021.
26 Human Resources Management MGMT310 MGMT310-ON121115
10 Labour and Employment Relations MGMT326 MGMT326-ON12143
10 Performance Management MGMT325 MGMT325-ON12143
10 Strategic Human Resources Planning MGMT315 MGMT315-ON12144
13 Human Resources Management MGMT310 MGMT310-ON12171
13 Organizational Behaviour MGMT115 MGMT115-ON12171
13 Workplace Training and Development MGMT316 MGMT316-ON12171
27 Labour and Employment Relations MGMT326 MGMT326-ON12171
27 Performance Management MGMT325 MGMT325-ON12171
27 Strategic Human Resources Planning MGMT315 MGMT315-ON12171
Evenings, Sat, online
Finish in 1 year
Through six specialized courses, our Human Resources Management Certificate can help prepare you to become an effective HR manager.
You'll learn to:
- Develop strategies for effective HR planning
- Design employee training programs
- Create and implement performance management systems
- Navigate conflict in unionized environments
Is this program for you?
We've designed our certificate for new or experienced HR managers in any field. Our students include professionals who:
- Plan to launch a career in human resources
- Want to validate work experience with formal training
- Wish to transition into an HR role
- Aim to further their HR careers with a recognized credential
Become eligible for graduate studies at SFU
With the Human Resources Management Certificate and eight or more years of professional experience, you may be eligible for admission to the Graduate Diploma in Business Administration (GDBA) program at SFU’s Beedie School of Business, even if you don’t have an undergraduate degree.