- Enrolment Services
- Get help
- Academic Progress Report
- ID Card
- goSFU guide
- U-Pass BC
- Policies and Procedures
- Support and services
- Career and Volunteer
- New Undergraduates
- Fall Term Start (September 2024)
- Summer Term Start (May 2024)
- Undergraduate Admission
- Canadian high school
- International High School Students
- USA high school
- Indigenous students
- College/university transfer
- International Baccalaureate
- Diverse qualifications
- Additional Categories
- Fees & Scholarships
- Tours & Events
- Student Experience
- Parents & Guardians
- Connect with Us
- Multifaith Centre
- About Us
- Faith Gatherings
- What's Happening
Payment plan with Flywire
- The minimum account balance to sign up is $1,000.
- Installment dates are: January 1, February 1, March 1, April 1.
- Students are still charged monthly interest while on the payment plan.
- If you have questions, see the FAQ below, or contact email@example.com.
Fall 2023 Payment Plan Info
Students signed up on the Payment Plan will be charged a 2% monthly interest charge after the due date (September 19, 2023) and on the first of each month thereafter.
Accounts paid in full by the established tuition payment deadline of September 19, 2023 will not incur monthly interest charges.
Payment plan students agree to pay the Fall 2023 fees and monthly interest charges in three or four installments.
The minimum account balance to sign up is $1,000.
Scheduled payment dates are September 1, October 1, November 1 and December 1. Payment must reflect on goSFU each month before these dates in order to maintain good payment plan standing.
All Payment Plans activated prior to August 24 will have 4 installments. Payment Plans activated after this date will only have 3 installments (October, November, December).
- Signing up for the Payment Plan allows students to add/drop classes for the Spring 2024 term and order transcripts while having an outstanding Fall 2023 balance.
- As long as you fulfill the monthly payment installments, you may enrol in Spring 2024.
- If the payment requirements are not met each month, the plan status will be considered "In Default". If your account is in default, you may be blocked from enrolling in Spring 2024 courses until payment is received in full.
- If you are uncertain about your finances, it is your responsibility to be more conservative when committing yourself to classes.
- Last day to sign up for the Fall 2023 term is September 19, 2023.
How to Sign-Up:
Payment Plan sign up period is August 14 - September 19.
- Log in to your student account at goSFU, click on the Student Centre tile, click “Account Inquiry” under the Finances section, and then click “Payment Plan.”
- Sign up, and then wait for an email notification in your SFU email inbox.
- After a day or two, you will receive an email telling you to activate your payment plan, if you are qualified. Return to your Account Inquiry on goSFU and click the Activate button to finalize your payment plan.
- Check your scheduled payment amount at Flywire after you have Activated your plan.
- You will now receive emails to remind you of the upcoming scheduled payment. The monthly payment must show on goSFU before the first of each month to avoid being charged monthly interest on the incoming payment. (Allow 3-5 business days).
How to Pay:
Students may make payments in-person with a debit card at any one of our three campuses; there is no delay in payments made this way.
Make payments early through Internet Banking or Flywire:
- Internet Banking payments from a Canadian bank account show in your goSFU account in approximately three business days: https://www.sfu.ca/students/enrolment-services/fees/how-to-pay/internet-banking.html
- Payments from outside Canada via Flywire will show in your goSFU account in approximately five business days: https://www.sfu.ca/students/enrolment-services/fees/how-to-pay/payments-from-outside-of-canada.html
- Track your plan status at goSFU under Finances, Account Inquiry, Payment Plan.
- If your payment made via Internet Banking or Flywire does not appear in your goSFU account until after the installment deadline, your plan will be considered "Defaulted."
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to pay an installment on the tuition deadline of September 19, 2023?
No, the installment dates are September 1 (if signed up before August 24), October 1, November 1, and December 1.
Will I have monthly interest charges if I am enrolled in the payment plan?
Yes, you will be assessed the 2% monthly interest charges even if enrolled in the payment plan so long as you have an outstanding balance. Interest is assessed after the tuition due date (September 19) and the first of each month thereafter.
What happens if my payment is late?
If the payment requirements are not met each month, the plan status will be considered "In Default". If your account is In Default, you may be blocked from enrolling in Spring 2024 courses until payment is received in full.
What happens to my installment amounts if I add/drop classes or receive a bursary/scholarship?
If you drop classes or receive a bursary/scholarship, it will be considered a payment towards your next installment. If you add courses, your payment plan will reflect a higher overall account balance. The resulted new balance will trigger the installment amount to be recalculated.
Can I make an installment payment early? Can I pay in full early?
Yes, you can make a payment towards the installment early or pay off the entire account balance before the December 1 deadline.
Am I required to pay on the first of each month or does my payment need to show on goSFU by the first of each month?
Your payment must show on your goSFU account by the first of each month. We recommend making payments at least three (3) business days (internet banking) or five (5) business days (Flywire) prior to the deadline to allow enough time for the payment to be processed.
What installments do I pay if I enrol in the payment plan after August 24?
Installments will be due October 1, November 1, and December 1.
I haven’t received my activation email yet and it’s almost the first of the month. Should I make my first payment?
Any payments made while not on an active payment plan will reduce your goSFU account balance and any monthly interest charges. Once the plan is activated, your payment plan balance will reflect the remaining goSFU account balance from that date.
I’ve made a payment or dropped a class today and my payment plan at Flywire hasn’t updated.
Please allow 1-2 business days for Flywire to update and reflect any payments/changes made.
To avoid confusion, we recommend activating your plan after you have finished adding/dropping courses for the term.
Can I auto-pay?
Internet Banking allows you to set up recurring payments. For assistance in setting up recurring payments, please contact your Canadian financial institution.
What happens if I am unable to pay off the account balance by the end of the payment plan? (December 1 installment deadline)
- You will have defaulted on the payment plan because you did not fulfill the installment requirement. The plan status will change to 'Cancelled,' at which time you are required to pay the entire outstanding balance immediately.
- If you are not able to pay the entire Fall 2023 balance, you must immediately drop your Spring 2024 classes on goSFU because a $0 balance for the Fall 2023 term is a mandatory requirement for you to keep your Spring 2024 classes; and
- You are now required to set up a payment plan with the SFU Collections department in order to pay the outstanding Fall 2023 balance without damage to your credit score.
The SFU Collections payment plan comes with the following conditions:
- Prevents your account balance from being sent to a credit agency, preserving your credit score.*
- Allows you to pay off your outstanding term balance via monthly installments over a maximum period of up to six months. The payment plan also allows you to pay in full anytime.
- The financial hold will block enrolment in a subsequent term; and block the release of official transcripts. A zero balance will bring your account back to good financial standing.
- Payment plan balances will continue to be assessed the 2% monthly interest charge.
* Any damage to your credit score may result in reduced lending amounts and higher interest rates for future loans.
If you have defaulted on your Flywire payment plan, and require an SFU Collections payment plan, please email firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
If you're looking for Summer 2023 information:
For any other questions regarding payment plans, email email@example.com or phone 778-782-6930, extension 223.