- Enrolment Services
- Get help
- Academic Progress Report
- ID Card
- goSFU guide
- U-Pass BC
- Policies and Procedures
- Support and services
- Career and Volunteer
- New Undergraduates
- Fall Term Start (September 2024)
- Summer Term Start (May 2024)
- Undergraduate Admission
- Canadian high school
- International High School Students
- USA high school
- Indigenous students
- College/university transfer
- International Baccalaureate
- Diverse qualifications
- Additional Categories
- Fees & Scholarships
- Tours & Events
- Student Experience
- Parents & Guardians
- Connect with Us
- Multifaith Centre
- About Us
- Faith Gatherings
- What's Happening
Payments from outside of Canada with Flywire
Payments from outside of Canada must be received through Flywire.
Direct Wire Transfers received will not be accepted for tuition fees and will be returned back to source automatically
- Flywire allows you to pay the Canadian dollar amount in the currency of your choice at a local bank with a competitive exchange rate.
- Flywire will convert the payment at the rate you have locked in (the rate is guaranteed for 48 hours).
- Upon receipt of payment, Flywire will deliver the funds to Simon Fraser University within three business days.
Paying tuition and fees from outside Canada
- Log in to your student account at goSFU*, click on the Student Centre tile, scroll down to the Finances section, click "Account Inquiry," and then click "Make a Payment from Outside of Canada".
- After you have navigated to the payment page, enter the amount you want to pay in Canadian dollars and the country you are paying from.
- Sign into an existing Flywire account or create a new account
- Select your preferred method of payment and complete the required fields. Additional local payment options may be available depending on the country you are paying from.
- Follow the prompts provided by the payment page to send funds to Flywire.
Please note: If another entity is making the payment directly to SFU on your behalf (such as a relative or a governing body), complete the above steps 1-3 and provide the person paying with a payment instruction PDF (download it from Flywire).
- Track your payment by logging into your Flywire account at any time. Receive text and email status updates, including a confirmation when your payment has been delivered to SFU. Emails are sent to the email you used to create your Flywire Account.
* Note to Student Direct Stream students:
To make a Flywire payment to SFU, you must first log in to goSFU using your SFU Computing ID. If you do not yet have an active SFU Computing ID, please follow the instructions below:
- Graduate students required to pay in advance, please contact Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Undergraduate students required to pay in advance prior to the issuance of an SFU Computing ID may temporarily log in using their Student ID number at https://sims.erp.sfu.ca/csprd/signon.html
- Partial refunds can be requested and processed through Flywire; please consult Student Accounts.
- In accordance with Canada Border Services Agency regulations, all payments equal to or greater than $10,000 are non-refundable. We will apply such payments to current and future tuition fees.
- On an exceptional basis, you may request that the credit amount on your account be refunded if you have extenuating circumstances. To do this, submit a refund request form, supported by a written explanation that also includes the originator's name, address, and banking information. Furthermore, if your education is completed or discontinued and there is a credit on your account remaining, you may get a refund at that time.