- Campus screens
- Faculty & staff dashboard
- What's On newsletter
- Using EventBrite
- Using LiveWhale Calendar
- Subscribing to a department calendar in SFU Mail
- Request accounts
- Google Analytics request
- Social media content
- URL requests
- Website request
- Request avatars
- Creative project request
- Communication planning worksheets
- Using Campaigner
- Image library
- SFU facts and figures
- Social media
- Website tools
- Brand DNA
- Brand architecture
- Coat of arms
- Web applications
- Tone of voice
- Brand applications
- Communication strategy
Editorial style guide
- SFU style
- Language and grammar
- General usage
- Territorial acknowledgements
- Obituary policy
- Media guide
- Project management
- Multimedia Consent Guide
- Self-recorded video
- Formal studio portraits
- Social media
- Website content guide
- Website project guide
- What makes a good story?
- URL request guidelines
- SFU News
- Brand guide
- C&M staff
Formal studio portraits
Our formal studio portraits are consistent and versatile, and can be obtained through Communications & Marketing or a contract photographer.
Refer to our photography guidelines for direction on style and tips while hiring a contract photographer. The Communications & Marketing Studio (Education Building 7628) can be booked for portraits by SFU faculty and staff at no cost. To book the Studio, or request referrals for contract photographers, please contact email@example.com.
Note: contract photographers can also be engaged for outdoor and on-location portraits.
SFU COMMUNICATIONS & MARKETING PHOTO DAYS
SFU Communications & Marketing contracts external vendor Artona for faculty, staff and graduate student portraits on prescheduled dates. Artona specializes in volume portraiture (“Photo Days”) for the secondary and post-secondary market and is familiar with SFU through annual convocation headshot sessions. The cost for this service is fully covered by SFU Communications & Marketing.
The next formal portrait Photo Day:
- Thursday, January 20, 2022 - POSTPONED
- Location: Harbour Centre Campus, room HC1520
- Time: 9am-6pm
Coordinators who booked January 20 sessions will be notified when a new date is confirmed. New bookings are restricted until a new date is confirmed. Please check back here for future dates.
Photo day process
- Book time on the Artona scheduling calendar. Following your booking, Artona will email instructions to privately and securely upload a spreadsheet of names of all photo Subjects, required seven business days before the photo shoot.
- Submit spreadsheet of names using this template. Note: Artona can accommodate mild variance, e.g. no-shows or Subjects arriving not previously identified.
- Inform all Subjects of date, time, location, and the "FOR SUBJECTS:" steps listed here. Tip: Do not inform groups over 10 people to arrive at the same time. E.g. for a group of 20 Subjects inform ten to arrive at the booking start time and ten to arrive half way into the booked time slot.
- Receive high resolution photos 7-10 days following photoshoot via file download.
- Distribute files as appropriate.
- Receive date, time and location from Coordinator.
- Search in the SFU Snap App Room Finder.
- Arrive at the location on time. Directional signage will be posted and you will assemble, physically distanced, in the order that you arrive.
- Select a pre-printed ticket with your name. Sign an SFU consent form then hand to photographer when selected. Blank consent forms will be available.
- When it is your turn to be photographed, 5-10 photos will be taken, then you will select up to three favourites prior to leaving.
For support related to a scheduled Photo Day, please contact Artona customer service:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (average response time within 24 hours)
- Live chat: artona.com (8 am to 10 pm PST seven days a week, average response time within 2 minutes)
For support related to a future or unscheduled Photo Day contact us at email@example.com.