- Campus screens
- Faculty & staff dashboard
- What's On newsletter
- Events calendar
- Using LiveWhale Calendar
- Using EventBrite
- Subscribing to a department calendar in SFU Mail
- Request accounts
- Google Analytics request
- Social media content
- Request avatars
- Creative project request
- Web & URL requests
- Communication planning worksheets
- Using Campaigner
- Image library
- SFU facts and figures
- Social media
- Website tools
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusion guide
- Multimedia Consent Guide
- Formal studio portraits
- SFU News
- Brand guide
- Brand DNA
- Brand architecture
- Coat of arms
- Web applications
- Tone of voice
- Brand applications
- Communication strategy
- Editorial style guide
- SFU style
- Language and grammar
- General usage
- Territorial acknowledgements
- Obituary policy
- Media guide
- Project management
- Self-recorded video
- Social media
- Website content guide
- Website project guide
- Website Design Guide
- What makes a good story?
- URL request guidelines
- C&M staff
Formal studio portraits
Our formal studio portraits are consistent and versatile, and can be obtained through Communications & Marketing or a contract photographer.
Refer to our photography guidelines for direction on style and tips while hiring a contract photographer. The Communications & Marketing Studio (Education Building 7628) can be booked for portraits by SFU faculty and staff at no cost. To book the Studio, or request referrals for contract photographers, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: contract photographers can also be engaged for outdoor and on-location portraits.
SFU COMMUNICATIONS & MARKETING PHOTO DAYS
SFU Communications & Marketing contracts external vendor Artona for faculty, staff and graduate student portraits on prescheduled dates. Artona specializes in volume portraiture (“Photo Days”) for the secondary and post-secondary market and is familiar with SFU through annual convocation headshot sessions. The cost for this service is fully covered by SFU Communications & Marketing.
C&M Photo Days are intended for professional applications such as a website faculty listing and not intended for standard identification such as passport photos or ID cards. For standard identification please use alternate suppliers such as London Drugs.
The next formal portrait Photo Day:
March 24, 2023 (booking calendar will open at 9 am on February 24 )
- Location: Vancouver - Harbour Centre
- Room: HC1500
- Time: 9:00 am to 3:30 pm
May 18, 2023 (booking calendar will open at 9 am on April 20)
- Location: Surrey
- Room: SRYC 4010
- Time: 9:00 am to 1:30 pm
Photo day process
instructions For coordinators:
If you are booking multiple people, we ask that each person confirms that they will be able to attend the session. If they are unable to attend, please let Artona know when you receive their confirmation email. We had numerous no-shows that takes away opportunities for others
- Book your time on the Artona scheduling calendar. Following your booking, Artona will email instructions within seven days to privately and securely upload a spreadsheet of all your photo Subjects names. Note: that the booking calendar will open four weeks before the photo day. If the booking calendar is full you can add your name to this waitlist and Artona will contact you if a spot becomes available.
- Within ten business days prior to Photo Day, submit a spreadsheet of names using this template. Note: Artona can accommodate mild variance, e.g. no-shows or Subjects arriving not previously identified. Please name the file as indicated.
- Inform all Subjects of the date, time, location, and steps listed under "instructions for Subjects". Note: Let your people know to arrive at their individual scheduled time, to avoid large groups arriving at the same time.
- You will receive high-resolution photos within 10-14 days following the photoshoot via file download.
- Distribute the files as appropriate.
instructions For subjects:
- Receive the date, time, and location from your Coordinator.
- Search in the SFU Snap App Room Finder.
- Arrive at the location at your scheduled time. Directional signage will be posted.
- Select a pre-printed ticket on the table with your name and hand it to the photographer when it's your turn to get photographed.
- The photographer will take 4-6 photos. You will be able to select up to three photos prior to leaving.
- Due to tight scheduling, we are not able to accomodate a photo retake.
For support related to a scheduled Photo Day, please contact Artona customer service:
- Email: email@example.com (average response time within 24 hours)
- Live chat: artona.com (8 am to 10 pm PST seven days a week, average response time within 2 minutes)
For support related to a future or unscheduled Photo Day contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.