- Administration & Staff
- Gabriela Aceves-Sepúlveda
- Alissa N. Antle
- Lyn Bartram
- Sheelagh Carpendale
- Parmit Chilana
- Steve DiPaola
- Halil Erhan
- Brian Fisher
- Cheryl Geisler
- Diane Gromala
- Marek Hatala
- Kate Hennessy
- Sylvain Moreno
- Carman Neustaedter
- Will Odom
- Philippe Pasquier
- Niranjan Rajah
- Bernhard Riecke
- Gillian Russell
- Thecla Schiphorst
- Chris Shaw
- Wolfgang Stuerzlinger
- Ron Wakkary
- Teaching faculty
- Adjunct Faculty
- Work at SIAT
- Prospective students
- Current students
- Advising & support
- Student resources
- Awards and Scholarships
- Study Abroad
- Accelerated Master's Option
- Course offerings
- Co-op ↗
- IAT 499 Graduation Project
- News & Events
- We are hiring
- Staff & faculty resources
SIAT Student Photo Contest
The School of Interactive Arts & Technology is pleased to announce its first student photo contest!
Share images of your projects and images that best depict your learning experience in Interactive Arts & Technology and you could win a pair of BeatsSolo3 wireless headphones, valued at $249, or one of two $50 prepaid Visa gift cards!
We are looking for any photos that represent your learning experience in SIAT but particularly photos that feature:
HOW TO ENTER
Review contest rules below and send your photos to email@example.com.
Extended to: August 21, 2020
- Course Projects: including the project itself, you working on the project, images of equipment, digital images, etc.
- Research Projects: work done as a research assistant, graduate student, etc.
- Remote learning experiences: workstation setups, images depicting how you are working with classmates or other students, etc.
HOW TO ENTER
Review the rules below and email your photo submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00pm August 14th. Make sure your submission includes:
- Attached high-resolution photos.
- Your first and last name.
- A brief description of the photo.
- Accompanying consent form (if required; see below).
Entrants must have participated in one Interactive Arts & Technology course at the undergraduate or graduate level during the Spring 2020 semester or Summer 2020 semester, or currently be a SIAT graduate student or research assistant.
Eligible submissions must meet the following criteria:
- Entries are limited to a maximum of 5 per person.
- Images must be in high resolution digital format (we may not be able to accept photographs that are less than 1000 pixels tall or wide).
- Images must be accompanied by a short description (one or two sentences that explain the image, e.g., explanation of project, course that the photo is related to, etc.)
- Images must be in original standard size (photographs may not be cropped).
- Images must have an accompanying consent form if the photo includes children or adults (including yourself).
All submitted photos will become the property of the School of Interactive Arts & technology, which reserves the right to display and to publish entries (including title, name, course, and photo description) for program promotions, advertising, print documentation, social media platforms, and websites. By submitting your photo to the contest, you must agree that you are the photographer; you have permission to take the photo of the selected location and individuals; and have their permission to enter the photo in this contest. As the photographer, you retain copyright to the photo submitted, but give unlimited and unrestricted permission for Simon Fraser University to use and reproduce the image for free in any media for promotional and/or informational materials.
Prizes will be awarded based on which images depict the "SIAT experience" most strongly.
- The overall grand prize winner will receive a pair of BeatsSolo3 wireless headphones, valued at $249.
- Two runners-up will each receive a $50 prepaid Visa gift card.
- The winning photo and two runner-up photos will be recognized on the SIAT website and social media with credit given to the photographer.