- Staff & faculty resources
- Fall 2020 Showcase Submissions
Teaching & research interests
- Multimodal displays
- Experimental phenomenology
- New media technologies
Michael's current focus
I develop new forms of multimodal and audiovisual display technology, exploring novel product lines across different application contexts including gaming, immersive exhibitions, control rooms, telepresence and simulation-based training.
- New Directions in Third Wave Human-Computer Interaction: Volume 1 – Technologies (Springer HCI Series)
- New Directions in Third Wave Human-Computer Interaction: Volume 2 – Methodologies (Springer HCI Series)
- Teaching Computational Creativity
- Foundations in Sound Design for Interactive Media: A Multidisciplinary Approach
- Foundations in Sound Design for Embedded Media: A Multidisciplinary Approach
- PhD, Interdisciplinary Design, Simon Fraser University, 2018.
- MFA, Time Arts, School of the Art Institute of Chicago, 1999.
- BA, Philosophy, DePaul University, 1993.
Current & upcoming courses
This instructor is currently not teaching any courses.