Class search/browse catalog
Search the course catalog
Step by Step:
- Log in to goSFU , the student information system.
- Click on "Browse Catalog”
- Select the term (Spring, Summer, Fall) you wish to view
- Choose to view either "All Courses" or "Courses With Sections Offered"
- You can use your browser's search ability to look for something specific, or use the alpha index (in green) to go to the department you're most interested in.
Search for class schedule and space availability
Prior to enrolling in classes, you should search the course schedule and plan your program.
Step by Step:
- Click on Class Search / Browse Catalog from the left menu in goSFU, or click on the green "class search" box when you're in the Student Center.
- Verify “Simon Fraser University” is selected as Institution, and that the term you're looking for is selected (for example, 004 2015 Fall)
- Click on either Search for Classes (the class schedule) or Browse catalog (course descriptions).
- Choose the department from the drop-down list and enter additional information to refine your search.
- Note: In the Search for Classes, if you want to see classes with space available only, make sure to check "Open classes only" option. Or, if you want to also see full classes, you need to uncheck “Open Classes Only” option box.
- Click on the green "Search" Button to view search results.
Note: If you see "Your search will return over 50 classes, would you like to continue? Yes/No," you may want to narrow down your search.
- You may add “Additional Search Criteria” to narrow your search. For example, you may search by:
- Course ID
- Class Number
- Mode of Instruction (eg, Distance Ed)
- Class Days
- Start Time
- End Time
- Instructor Last Name
Class Numbers: It's a good idea to write down the class numbers in preparation for your course enrollment. For courses with both lecture and tutorial required, you’ll be required to enter class numbers for both the lecture and tutorial when adding those courses. For example: Class Number 1340 (for the lecture) and 1341 (for tutorial). Remember, to successfully add a course, both lecture and tutorial/lab have to have spaces available.
Please have your student number ready.
Same as the Burnaby campus Registrar and Information Services with extended hours during the enrollment period.
See Contact us for specific hours of operation.