What is the U-Pass BC program?
The U-Pass BC program is a transportation package which provides students in Metro Vancouver with universal and affordable access to public transit. The program is a partnership between Simon Fraser University, the Simon Fraser Student Society (SFSS), the Graduate Student Society (GSS), TransLink, and the Province of British Columbia and was approved through SFSS and GSS referendum.
SFU's U-Pass BC Program is a mandatory program for all members of the SFSS and all members of the GSS. The U-Pass BC fee, effective May 1, 2017, is $164 per term. All eligible students will be charged the U-Pass BC term fee to their student financial account the next business day after enrollment.
The U-Pass BC program provides unlimited, all zone access to public transit in Metro Vancouver including TransLink Bus, SkyTrain, and SeaBus services and a discount on West Coast Express Train fares. Current TransLink transit service schedules and maps are available online. To view "Next bus" schedules on a mobile device, text the bus stop number to #33333. Transit alerts, current conditions, and schedules are now available for mobile devices at TransLink's mobile site: m.translink.ca.
Students voted in the SFSS and GSS referendum and the U-Pass BC referendum question passed with the new U-Pass BC term fee. As a result, the U-Pass BC term fee will be the following:
- 2016 Summer, 2016 Fall, 2017 Spring - $158 per term
- 2017 Summer, 2017 Fall, 2018 Spring - $164 per term
Terms and conditions
- Your U-Pass BC is non-transferable and only valid with your SFU student ID.
- You must carry your SFU student ID with you at all times when travelling with your U-Pass BC on your Compass Card.
- You must be able to produce both your SFU student ID and Compass Card when riding TransLink public transit.
- Compass Cards may be confiscated by TransLink if abused.
- Do not laminate, hole punch, or alter the Compass Card.
- The U-Pass BC term fee is mandatory for all eligible students and must be paid in full by the deadline each term. (See eligibility and deadlines.)
- If you lose your Compass Card, visit the TransLink website or call 604.398.2042 for details on how to purchase a new Compass Card (see FAQ).