Enroll in classes
How to enroll in classes
- Log into goSFU with your computing ID and password.
- Check your Enrollment Appointment under the Enroll in Classes menu option.
- Check the Course Catalog to see if you have prerequisites for the courses you are planning to enroll in.
- Check the time, day, and location of your courses in View Schedule of Classes.
- We recommend allowing 90 minutes to travel from one campus to another if you plan to take courses offered at different campuses on the same day.
- Enroll in classes on your Enrollment Appointment date.
- The course cart becomes available 2 weeks prior to the start of the enrollment period.
You can continue to add or swap classes until the end of the first week.
You may drop classes after enrolling in them, but you should be aware of the potential academic and/or financial penalties, depending on when you drop a course. See deadlines for information about penalties.
After courses are added, swapped, or dropped, always check your Schedule of Classes to see if those courses were successfully added, swapped, or dropped.
Students in Surrey cohorts (TechOne or Explorations) are normally expected to be enrolled at a minimum in their cohort core courses for each term of the cohort program. See more information on enrolling in Surrey courses.
Please see your cohort advisor if you have any concerns about your enrollment.
Dropping / withdrawing from classes
There are several options for withdrawing from a class, with varying implications for your academic record and fee payment.
|Drop a class within the specified period||Check Deadlines for the time limit. If you drop a class within the specified time frame, you will have no Withdrawal notation on your academic record.|
|Withdraw from a class within the next specified period||Check Deadlines. If you drop a class within the next period, you will have a Withdrawal notation on your academic record.|
|Withdraw from a class under extenuating circumstances||See Appeals.|
|Required to Withdraw (RTW) or Extended Withdrawal (EW) status||If you have an RTW or EW notation on your record, you should obtain academic advice as soon as possible to help you get back on track.|
Waitlists run several times daily during the enrollment period and stop running after the end of the first week of the term. They continue to be visible to students although not running during week 2 and are removed from view at the beginning of week 3. Please check with the department offering the course as to their enrollment practice after the waitlists have stopped running.
Please have your student number ready.
Same as the Burnaby campus Registrar and Information Services with extended hours during the enrollment period.
See Contact us for specific hours of operation.