What is a T4A form?

The T4A is an official document for tax purposes. It provides the amount of funds a student has received in scholarships, bursaries, awards and prizes from January to December in any given year.

The tax form for the current tax year will be available for printing at goSFU in late February of the next year.  

For more information on filing your income tax return, please go to

2023 Tax form update

The T4A tax form, which reports the amount of funds a student has received in scholarships, bursaries and awards in 2023, will be available for download at 8:30 am PT on February 22, 2024 at goSFU

  • If you were also an employee of SFU, please visit myINFO to obtain your T4/T4A tax forms, or contact
  • SFU staff are not able to answer tax-related questions. If you have other questions about tuition and enrolment credit, please contact the Canada Revenue Agency directly.  

Where do I get my tax form (T4A)?


(Not accessible on mobile devices such as iPhones.)

  • Your browser must be configured to allow pop-up windows.
  • You can print T4A tax forms from goSFU. Tax data starting from the previous seven years are available.
  • If you require additional copies of the tax forms for parents or accountants you must print them from this page.
  • Note: SFU staff are not able to access or print your tax slips for you.

For the purpose of printing tax forms, SFU Computing IDs do not expire.


  1. Log in to goSFU with your SFU computing ID.
  2. Click "T4A Data".
  3. Find the tax year of interest on the View T4/T4A Slips page.
  4. Click "Year End Slip".
  5. Print your TA or save it as a file on your computer.

Forgot your password?

You can reset your password by using your SFU computing ID (email) and SFU ID (9 digit student or employee number).

If you still need help resetting your password, call the IT Service Desk at 778 782 8888.

Cannot log in to goSFU?

  • Access to goSFU requires MFA (multi-factor authentication) and SFU VPN services. Visit the SFU Information Systems page for details.
  • The message “invalid credentials” would indicate your password may have been reset in 2020. Email SFU IT Services at or call 778-782-8888 for assistance in resetting your password.

Having trouble getting your T4A?

Possible fixes to try first:

  • Check that you have pop-up windows enabled.
  • If you've logged in, viewed your form but can't print, the computer you're using may be behind a firewall for security, so try a different computer in a different location.
  • Check that you have Javascript enabled in your browser's properties/preferences, at least for while you're getting your form
  • If you can log in but can't see the T4A information, quit your browser, reopen it and clear your cache, then try logging in to goSFU again

If you receive an error message, please email a screenshot of the message to

If none of those solutions has worked, contact us at

Frequently asked questions

To whom at SFU may I direct T4A inquiries?

Please call the helpline at 778.782.6930 or email However, if you also were an employee of SFU during the year, contact as they issue the T4As for employees.

Will SFU send me the T4A by email?

No. Please log into your goSFU to print your T4A under the Finance section.

Can SFU give the T4A information to another individual?

No. Log into goSFU to print your T4A and distribute it accordingly.

I am an international student. Why do I need a T4A?

SFU is required to report this information to all students to enable them to complete their Canadian income tax returns.

As a resident of Canada you are required to file a Canadian income tax return. Your employer issues a T4 for salaries or wages you have earned while in Canada. The university issues a T4A for scholarships, bursaries or other monetary awards you received during the calendar year.

Where can I get more information:

Tax (T2202 / T4A) Questions

For the same tax year, student received more than one T4A slip from SFU. Why is that?

T4A slips are issued through goSFU and myINFO. If a student receives eligible scholarship payments via payroll, a T4A slip would be issued to the student and be retrievable via myINFO. Questions about a T4A slip issued by Payroll can be directed to Payroll Services at

Why did I receive T4A/T2202 slips issued by SFU?

T4A slips are generated for scholarships, fellowships, or bursaries received during the tax year, from January to December in any given year. If the student did not receive such benefit during the year, the student will not be issued a T4A slip. For more information, refer to T4A.

T2202 slips are the tuition tax receipts issued to all students who paid tuition for courses in the previous calendar year. It shows the amount of tuition that is paid. For more information, refer to T2202.

Are graduate students considered part-time or full-time students?

All graduate students are considered full-time students, regardless of the number of units taken.

How can students request information to be updated on their issued T2202 or T4A slip, to reflect a name change or Social Insurance Number (SIN) update?

For a name change, the application must first be verified and processed by the Records department in goSFU. For the change of name application form, refer to

For a SIN update, students must first log in to goSFU and update their SIN under the ‘Personal Information’ section of their goSFU account. For information about SIN, refer to Social Insurance Number.

Once the personal information is updated in goSFU, students can email and request for an amendment to their T2202 or T4A slip, by indicating their student ID, brief description of the change being requested, and the tax year of which the amendment should be applied to.